Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another decption

I’m not sure that green ‘consumerism’ will save the planet but it might delay the final zombie apocalypse for a few more generations

Yeah battery technology and electricity production have a way to go yet and, for sure, electric vehicles might kill a few more pedestrians by sneaking up on them. But better that than ye olde fossil fuel route to planetary destruction

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. My take is that it will be like the current electricity producing market. In the same way that we have a mix of wind, solar, gas, nuclear, etc because no one is ideal to fulfil all our electricity needs.

So I expect cars in 20 years to be a mix of electric, hydrogen, biofuel, etc. Again because different people have different needs and (as many people have said) there aren't enough rare earth minerals to have everyone using electric cars.

A friend got an electric car recently and it makes a quiet noise like a human voice singing, which seemed to change in pitch and volume as the car got faster. It made it sound a bit like something out of science fiction. As AI develops, we could get cars who can chat a bit more, kind of Thomas the tank engine meets 2001 a space odyssey. That way LB, in a few years you could hear a "hey there, take your time - lovely evening for a walk"

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    It will be interesting to see how it plays out. My take is that it will be like the current electricity producing market. In the same way that we have a mix of wind, solar, gas, nuclear, etc because no one is ideal to fulfil all our electricity needs.

So I expect cars in 20 years to be a mix of electric, hydrogen, biofuel, etc. Again because different people have different needs and (as many people have said) there aren't enough rare earth minerals to have everyone using electric cars.
    Stop being reasonable, this is the internet!
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    we could get cars who can... "

...cars who can..

WHO?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Graham, you're so AI-ist