Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flower Scar InterCounties

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    You might not be surprised to learn I didn’t go to a place of education were straw boaters where de rigeur. I’ve not worn a blazer since school days either but I am a big fan of Yorkshire Tweed from the venerable Moons of Guiseley. I’m very much a fan of the sports jacket where that means something quite different to taped seams and hydrostatic head
    Guiseley is also the home of Wendy Wools. I cycled past the owner's home today in Hawksworth (where I used to live before my elevation to Ilkley). If I say it is sumptuous - well if the Queen ever visits Hawksworth I don't think she will bother going back to Buckingham Palace.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Super Moderator
    Good to hear you’re out and about. A question regarding your Bianchi: what colour is it?
    Last edited by Derby Tup; 10-05-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Super Moderator
    If it’s not Celeste then suggest you either lie or simply don’t answer

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    If it’s not Celeste then suggest you either lie or simply don’t answer

Well that made me laugh. As if...

Super Moderator
    . . . a relief

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Leaving the subjects of Bianchis and blazers (and I have recently been seen in one of the latter, since I joined a male voice choir) and returning to the Inter-Counties fell race, when was this competition instituted? I don't remember it existing in my youth, and I am feeling rather deprived, never having had the opportunity to represent Leicestershire in a sport where that county had so few participants that even I might have had a chance of getting into the team.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Leaving the subjects of Bianchis and blazers (and I have recently been seen in one of the latter, since I joined a male voice choir) and returning to the Inter-Counties fell race, when was this competition instituted? I don't remember it existing in my youth, and I am feeling rather deprived, never having had the opportunity to represent Leicestershire in a sport where that county had so few participants that even I might have had a chance of getting into the team.
    Oh Anthony

You can be so indifferent to my humble efforts!

The Fellrunner Spring 2016 A Sense Of Perspective 45 Years of the FRA page 38 "1997 Inter-County Championships"

The first was Buttermere Sailbeck.

My amour propre will just never recover.

Graham
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 11-05-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks for everyone who came and ran or supported yesterday. I have various items of clothing/lost property left on the finish field so please get in touch if you’re missing anything and I’ll get you re-united
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    If you make a course so tough that only people who live in Cumbria, breed sheep and build dry stone walls can be competitive you won't get runners from, say, the flat lands of Kent travelling 600 miles to be humiliated.

The "fell" competition was initiated by we fell runners and not the blazers from the metropolis who think cross country round a park is as tough as running gets.
    Well I hope you managed to get good odds on your runner from the flatlands of Kent, Graham. 😜
    Good predicting 👌

Quote Originally Posted by BarryRoubaix View Post
    Well I hope you managed to get good odds on your runner from the flatlands of Kent, Graham. ��
    Good predicting ��
    Ha ha. I used to live in Kent. If it was all flat there wouldn't be any white cliffs at Dover