Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: Today's Resting

Sensible lad, Anthony. It's as much about using your head, as it is your legs.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    The day after my first vaccination, I had no noticeable effects; but today, after the second vaccination, I have definitely been feeling rather tired. So did nothing more strenuous than walking to and from church this morning (about 25 minutes each way), and a bit of gardening in the afternoon.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I've got my second jab tomorrow at 1120 so might go for a little leg loosener before it!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    The reason for not going out for my planned run today was not this morning's continuous rain. I got up feeling rather queasy, then after three sessions sitting on the "throne" felt somewhat better, but I'm still not quite right. I've got an idea what has caused it; I need to be more discriminating about when it's safe to ignore "Use by" dates on food.
    Jorge Luis Borges

There's a few off at work with suspected food poisoning too. I wonder if some of this might be that norovirus we were warned about.

Here's some topical humour to keep your spirits up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5P-uZqm0RE

And now I'm in this part of the forum... I've not run for about a week now, as I've had a bad cold. I might try a 3-mile potter tomorrow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    The reason for not going out for my planned run today was not this morning's continuous rain. I got up feeling rather queasy, then after three sessions sitting on the "throne" felt somewhat better, but I'm still not quite right. I've got an idea what has caused it; I need to be more discriminating about when it's safe to ignore "Use by" dates on food.
    Hope you are better soon.

It would be interesting to know which food you suspect and how out of date it was.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Hope you are better soon.

It would be interesting to know which food you suspect and how out of date it was.
    It was a cheesy dip, a week out of date; looked, smelled and tasted fine, but one really shouldn't mess with dairy foods!
    Jorge Luis Borges

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    My rule of thumb is to be wary of the 'use by' dates but ignore 'best by' and 'sell by'. This seemed to work well until Morrisons dropped using any of them at all on some products - thankfully mostly on fresh that is reasonably easy to determine and won't hurt you if not!
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Master
    I'm feeling much better today, but not well enough to go for a run; not that I really felt inclined to go running, with Dudley throwing a tantrum outside.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    My rule of thumb is to be wary of the 'use by' dates but ignore 'best by' and 'sell by'. This seemed to work well until Morrisons dropped using any of them at all on some products - thankfully mostly on fresh that is reasonably easy to determine and won't hurt you if not!
    Yes, I ignore Best Before dates, and I have often got away with ignoring Use By dates; but not this time!
    Jorge Luis Borges

I have taken heed of your warning AK.

I fancied some cheese and biscuits this evening and found a Garlic and Chive soft cheese mini roule in the fridge. Yes, it looked as good as it sounds, and as I was about to spread some on a biscuit I thought, how long have I had it?

Use by 06/01/22 was the answer.

In the bin it went and I had to make do with boring Cheddar!

Thank you AK
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog