Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Paid Rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    A bit of a thread resurrection.

In line with members' wishes we've now decided that paid/guided Rounds will no longer be acceptable for Club membership. The Club website has now been updated with the following:

Over the last few years some companies have been advertising guided rounds to which there has been growing disquiet and opposition from the vast majority of members of the Club. The Club has existed since 1971: learning the round, helping on attempts and then doing your own Round takes effort, which is what gives membership of the Club value and makes the Club unique. It is the wishes of the Club’s members that this ethos and tradition continue.

As of 1st January 2020, the Bob Graham Club will no longer ratify paid/guided rounds and those who choose to use professional services of companies offering guided rounds will no longer be eligible to join the Bob Graham Club.
    Great news
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

any updated stats after the summer? A few strava/facebook pages I've breifly seen making me think there might have been quite a bit of an uptake this year - or people have a larger and wider network of friends than I imagined!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

For the right amount loads of people will be your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    any updated stats after the summer? A few strava/facebook pages I've breifly seen making me think there might have been quite a bit of an uptake this year - or people have a larger and wider network of friends than I imagined!
    There were five paid for Rounds this year with two non-completions. A total of 120 successful Rounds, including those five, out of 214 registered attempts.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back