Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donalds visit

Banned

Donalds visit

Should be interesting.

I hope that our liberal, softly softly approach of dealing with the usual wasters who turn up to protest works because Trumps close protection team certainly won't take any prisoners.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I hope that our liberal, softly softly approach of dealing with the usual wasters who turn up to protest works because Trumps close protection team certainly won't take any prisoners.
    Sadly three of the "wasters" are the leader of the opposition, the speaker of the commons, and the mayor of London: all of whom seem to think their student politics allows them to insult the president of our most important ally. They should respect the office, even if they dislike the man.

I am sure Trump is very happy that Corbyn will not eat with him: If I were trump, it would be recicprocal considering that Corbyn is a threat to the security of the western world.

But as for Bercow trying to prevent Trump addressing parliament, it shows how much our speaker is willingto abuse his position. The rules must be changed before another speaker is appointed. He cannot decide the consitution in order to force his own politicial view. He is not supposed to express one in his actions.

Those who think our political system is failing, should take a look at Korea. The delegation who negotiated with the US and failed have now been convicted of treason, one is believed to have been executed. However low we have sunk - it is not that far.

Although Corbyn style militant left intimidation never ends at talk. It always ends with actions, on Corbyns planned descent for the UK to banana republic. Opposition routinely end up jailed or shot in the cubas, venezuelas, and Corbyns will be UK.
    Last edited by Oracle; 31-05-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Someone on the radio this morning was recalling that in 1978 we hosted a state visit by Ceaucescu, the dictator or Romania. More recently we have hosted Xi Jinping, the most repressive and autocratic leader that China has had since Mao. It appears that diplomacy requires that you need to be polite to some rather distasteful characters (and I do regard Trump as rather distasteful). I'm just glad that, unlike the Queen, I can decide who gets invited to dinner at my house.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Opposition routinely end up jailed or shot in the cubas, venezuelas, and Corbyns will be UK.
    Oracle, have you changed your medication?

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    No, he is just grammatically challenged.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    No, he is just grammatically challenged.
    Indeed.

Someone on the radio this morning was recalling that in 1978 we hosted a state visit by Ceausescu, the dictator or Romania.

(anthonykay)

Opposition routinely end up jailed or shot in the cubas, venezuelas, and Corbyns will be UK.

(Oracle)

Now call me old-fashioned but I do respect someone who knows how to spell Ceausescu (and yes, I have visited Romania).
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    meaning?
    Do you always insult those you converse with? Or only online?
    Last edited by Oracle; 31-05-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    meaning?
    Do you always insult those you converse with? Or only online?
    Sorry Oracle. But you do bring these things on yourself, with your wild statements.

I was observing that you seem to have taken things up a notch. Would "frenzied" be a fair description?

I do like to tease a little in real life too, especially friends. How about you - do you get involved in heated lengthy arguments in real life? I've heard you're quite a mild-mannered chap and that your argumentative traits are reserved for your on-line personas.

Banned
    But then opposition in cuba and venezuela have indeed been shot.
    And corbyn supported them every inch of the way. And militant left thugs in the UK miners strike killed "scabs" by dropping concrete onto cars "pour encourager les autres" . it is what they do. Bombers blew up our democracy. And corbyn lauded it in London Labour briefing. Brought convicted bombers into parliament. Supported other palestinian bombers just the same.

So you may prefer to consider it "wild" or "frenzied" to take a rose tinted view. I just deal with the facts as they are.

There is no excuse for insulting others Noel. Apology not accepted. What it generally shows is the insulter has run out of valid arguments.

Sorry Oracle. But you do bring these things on yourself, with your wild statements.

I was observing that you seem to have taken things up a notch. Would "frenzied" be a fair description?

I do like to tease a little in real life too, especially friends. How about you - do you get involved in heated lengthy arguments in real life? I've heard you're quite a mild-mannered chap and that your argumentative traits are reserved for your on-line personas.
    Last edited by Oracle; 01-06-2019 at 11:07 PM.