Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Donalds visit

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    Melania Trump has to be the best dressed Woman in the world. Stunning!!!

RIP The Forum 11:48 4/6/19

Banned
    Donald said he would welcome us as the 51st state.

He's a good man. Speaks a lot of sense. Saw him with Piers, thought he came across well, blew it out the water. Wish we'd take some of his views on regarding guns. Think we should have armed police with semi automatics. Maybe arm teachers too. Too much violence on the streets.

Also, whilst I know the NHS is a sensitive issue, it needs sorting; it's too bloated and inefficient. Trump said it wouldn't be on the table during talks about trade, but why not? It might be free at the point of contact for many, but it's at breaking point. If we moved to a more privitised version with opt ins for people, added extras if u like, wouldn't that be better? People would look after their health a bit more then.

Banned
    I see the us ambassador had to resign.

Bloody daft of him to comment on the President of the country in which he was working.

Our government shouldn't back him! He did a dumb thing and got caught out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    I see the us ambassador had to resign.

Bloody daft of him to comment on the President of the country in which he was working.

Our government shouldn't back him! He did a dumb thing and got caught out.
    I disagree with you a little Stagger.

The Ambassador made his assessment. He passed it back to the UK Foreign Office and Government. That's one of the jobs of an ambassador.

The problem here is the leak.

I agree the ambassador had to go. His position had become untenable, but it wasn't his fault.

The leaker should be sought and prosecuted. I'm surprised the police haven't been called in.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I disagree with you a little Stagger.

The Ambassador made his assessment. He passed it back to the UK Foreign Office and Government. That's one of the jobs of an ambassador.

The problem here is the leak.

I agree the ambassador had to go. His position had become untenable, but it wasn't his fault.

The leaker should be sought and prosecuted. I'm surprised the police haven't been called in.
    That too is a fair point. Someone behind the scenes has obviously set the fella up for a fall.

I'm interested to see how far people pursue this leak. I agree, it's a dirty trick and puts a (presumably) decent guy who's doing his job into a very difficult position and significantly harms his career and the UK-US relationship. There was talking of it being hackers, but I don't buy that.

All this incident proves,especially for those who thought that ambassadors were nice,cuddly, well spoken respectable people who dish out Ferrero Rocher in vast quantities, is that they are, in reality, nothing more than spy's!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    There was talking of it being hackers, but I don't buy that.
    No, I heard an interview on the radio and this was very much a case of an internal leak that wants to get a pro Trump/ pro Brexit Ambassador in place, because the UK will need a friendly Trump very badly. Being brutally honest Johnson had a decision between what was fair to one man vs what was good for a post-brexit UK.