Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrap the BBC

Banned
    Scrap the bbc

The BBC at it again. All their News channels are all over, and jumping on, the England cricket win bandwagon as if they were part of it. Leaving TMS to one side, BBC TV have shown no interest in covering Cricket for years.
    I am sure that very soon there will be a mass non payment of the licence fee. All it needs is someone to organise it. Fortunately I have started running again so do not have the time. (or the IT skills)!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Do not scrap the BBC. Far too valuable. TMS has kept the flame of cricket alive when the short-attention-span generation switched off watching on TV. Why do you think BBC keeps an eye on its viewing figures? Its not BBC's fault but the games fault. The red ball game is unintelligible to most watchers and the white ball game had to struggle to attract a new audience who had multiple other demands on their gnat-like attention. The World Cup might, just might, give that a boost.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

I don't think the BBC should be covering cricket, at least not test match and international cricket.

Why splash the sports budget on it? Use it for domestic competition.

By all means report on the news.

I grumble about some aspects of the BBC, but not here.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

The BBC at it again trying to make out that women's football is comparable to men's as a spectacle.

Big headlines about the "record" 31,000 attendance at yesterdays Man City v Man Utd at the Ethiad Stadium.

What they did not say was that Adult tickets were £7 and that each adult could take 3 children under 16 free.

I wonder what the attendance would have been at Premiership prices?

And no, this is not a dig at womens sport, just the bullshit of the BBC.

Just had to turn off their pre race coverage of The Great North Run before I vomit!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    The BBC at it again trying to make out that women's football is comparable to men's as a spectacle.

Big headlines about the "record" 31,000 attendance at yesterdays Man City v Man Utd at the Ethiad Stadium.

What they did not say was that Adult tickets were £7 and that each adult could take 3 children under 16 free.

I wonder what the attendance would have been at Premiership prices?

And no, this is not a dig at womens sport, just the bullshit of the BBC.

Just had to turn off their pre race coverage of The Great North Run before I vomit!
    Yep, it was 7 quid a ticket nobody can moan at that, it was clear that there were more adults than kids and we were sat in the family stand so not many took advantage of the offer, all in all a grand day out and City won

Full commentary on Radio5.

Hyping it up as a big derby, when weren’t Manchester United Ladies only just formed recently, was a bit rich. Especially as they completely neglected Leagues 1 and 2.... when they’ve spent the past few weeks bleating about the poor fortunes of Bolton and Bury.

Also...

All credit to Man City for keeping the prices affordable to families. And the large attendance is nothing but positive for women’s football...

But, not only is the jumping all over it by the BBC typical, it’s an absolute false comparison... make the tickets £45 quid like the premier league and you’d get about 2000 there... or make the real Manchester Derby £7 quid for adults and free for kids, and you’d need to treble the size of the Etihad...

I think anybody who wishes bad fortune on the women’s game is absolutely wrong. What I, and most others who get cheesed off by it, can’t abide, is certain sections of society ;(led ferociously by the BBC), hyping it up and Publicising it beyond all sanity, for political reasons...

All the players are far better role models for young lasses that the pumped up bimbos on Love Island etc, great to see all the young lasses running about in the player kit although 60 quid for a kids replica shirt in the club shop is scandalous

What cheesed me off with the radio yesterday was the pure hypocrisy... they’d been going on in the morning about the lack of Premier League this weekend, and an ideal chance to get to your local league club. Wanting people to text in with where they’re going etc.

And with the recent publicity about money in the game and especially Bury and Bolton, it was an excellent chance to focus on a lower league game... not necessarily full commentary, but perhaps a comprehensive score service etc. Or even better a chance to focus on one of the major consequences of how football has gone recently... MK Dons vs AFC Wimbledon...

But they just couldn’t leave it... more Manchester City. more Manchester United.

Pure hypocrisy.

I wasn’t going to revisit this thread as I prefer to talk running on here... but their coverage of the Great North Run this lunchtime got me in a rage...!!