Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrap the BBC

Chris Packham is absolutely brilliant. So there!

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Chris Packham is absolutely brilliant. So there!
    He is certainly very knowledgeable but I think if he gave up trying to be a stand up comedian he would be far more palatable.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

He uses his position on the BBC to peddle his own agendas on social media.
    If he was a political broadcaster on BBC and went home and started peddling his far left/right views on his social media outlets there would be an outcry. Rightly so. But with fluffy animals everyone falls for it.
    The BBC have been asked several times to reign him in as he goes against there impartiality guidelines.

"“Mr Packham has already been warned by the BBC about his use of social media, and is currently under investigation by the BBC Trust for further breaches of the guidelines on campaigning. He cannot continue to trade on his profile as a BBC presenter to pedal mistruths and propaganda.”
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Good point moley
    I’ll have a think about that. Cheers for the response

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    If he was a political broadcaster on BBC and went home and started peddling his far left/right views on his social media outlets there would be an outcry. Rightly so. But with fluffy animals everyone falls for it.
    The BBC have been asked several times to reign him in as he goes against there impartiality guidelines.

"“Mr Packham has already been warned by the BBC about his use of social media, and is currently under investigation by the BBC Trust for further breaches of the guidelines on campaigning. He cannot continue to trade on his profile as a BBC presenter to pedal mistruths and propaganda.”
    Well well. I don't normally read the Telegraph colour comic but today the narcissist who thinks the world should know about his "My Saturday" is...(drum roll)... so there are endorsements for Fitbit, Cocoa Runners chocolate, Dockers trousers and the Canon EOS R.

I'll bet Mr Packham never needs to buy a Canon camera again.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 23-01-2021 at 09:18 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

So you mean he’s doing product placement?

Quote Originally Posted by harv View Post
    So you mean he’s doing product placement?
    He is asked a question like "I couldn't live without my...and he replies "My Fitbit - I'm addicted..."

He says that during his day he might process some photographs and mentions his "Canon EOS R camera is converted to infrared..."

It does not matter a fig what camera brand or model he has to make the point it can take infra red - but he does. And I don't suppose it will do him any harm in Canon Towers.

(Btw I use a Canon but it didn't cost £2000!)
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 23-01-2021 at 09:38 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Being paid to talk about products and not being transparent about it is a problem. The world is full of influencers. If he’s doing it consciously then yeah that’s not ideal but the fact that I quite like him and respect his fight for nature doesn’t mean I’m going to now go and buy a Canon. He (so far) hasn’t talked about his HS2 (for example) campaign on Winterwatch but seems to save it for his social media, which I’m personally fine about. Given that this thread is about the BBC then Chris is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. Scrapping the BBC would mean an end to the rules of impartiality that he’s seemingly breaking, and if they’re not clamping down on these rules then there’s no impartiality anyway. So really, the only problem is people not liking his agenda. If his overarching agenda is protecting wildlife then paying for court appeals over HS2 etc with a discount on a camera or 2 doesn’t seem like a massive problem in comparison.
    Agree with llani b- he is better as a presenter when he doesn’t try so hard

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post

I don't follow him, or anyone else for that matter, on social media but I can imagine he'll be all guns blazing.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Well well. I don't normally read the Telegraph colour comic but today the narcissist who thinks the world should know about his "My Saturday" is...(drum roll)... so there are endorsements for Fitbit, Cocoa Runners chocolate, Dockers trousers and the Canon EOS R.

I'll bet Mr Packham never needs to buy a Canon camera again.
    I didn't realise he was in today's telegraph, but anyway, I don't like him or his preaching. So that's that.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.