Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrap the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    The condescending Victoria Derbyshire promoting Blackout Tuesday this morning on the BBC.

No doubt she and her half witted colleagues are hoping for riots over here this summer.
    As predicted by me last Tuesday.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Just watched Anita McVeigh announce the passing of Dame Vera Lynn. Initially she was reading out Twitter Posts,desperately trying to find one from a celebrity.
    Why do they have to tell us what people post on Twitter? If I wanted to know I would be on it!

Anyway she then started rambling some facts about her, trying her best to give the impression that she knew what she was talking about, but failing miserably.

I then googled Dame Vera, and quickly followed McVeigh as she was reading from a Wikipedia page.

Cheating or modern journalism?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Did i read on this forum that only 5% of UK population use Twitter?

I have no idea why it's held up as an example of public opinion. It's a bigger collection of nut-jobs (to use a famous forum expression of late!) than Facebook.

Strangely I watched something on the BBC these last few days and it was very good.

The Salisbury Poisonings.

If you haven't watched it, worth catching up with on iPlayer. It's a docu drama and a good watch.

What struck me though, assuming it is made as authentically as possible, was what a shit MSM we have got.

Without spoiling it, a copper was exposed to the nerve agent, taken ill and critical in hospital and within seconds of it being released to the press his wife was being pelted with text messages and calls from the press.
    There were several examples of this piss-poor press pack behaviour.

Probably the worser one in the series was when the only fatality's family was harassed in similar circumstances.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I'm having second thoughts now on the BBC. Where would we be without their excellent service?

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I'm having second thoughts now on the BBC. Where would we be without their excellent service?

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin
    People like it well-well. Let bilong karapela it's wanpela good use of license payers money - but dem no wan mention di cost.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Maybe it's time to 'defund' the Beeb?
    Am Yisrael Chai

Super Moderator
    I wouldn’t believe anything I heard or saw associated with the BBC now. Daily Mail or Guardian for me

#balance
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I first began to see though the BBC after the load of claptrap they broadcast about the 2008 OMM and all the hysteria the likes of Jeremy Vine tried to whip up about such events. It was sadly disgraceful media outpouring (no pun intended).
    Am Yisrael Chai