Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Scrap the BBC

Llani Boy, I think the trouble we have with this is it hard not to focus the personalities when it fact we elect a government not a prime minister. The media cannot interview a party as a whole so it has to focus on the prime representative of that party. Where the unfairness comes is that the whole cabinet changes...but the no one turns at hair at mid-term cabinet re-shuffles. This is just a reshuffle that includes the top minister.
    I am Kuno....

The BBC a laughing stock again. In its eagerness to be PC and get a "representative" selection of questioners they ended up with an Imam with somewhat unwanted views.

You couldn't make it up.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    The BBC a laughing stock again. In its eagerness to be PC and get a "representative" selection of questioners they ended up with an Imam with somewhat unwanted views.

You couldn't make it up.
    They had him on Five Live this morning asking what he thought of the candidates answers. His question had been about Islamophobia and how words matter - obviously aimed at Boris. Naturally he said he wasn't happy with the answers and Nicky Campbell and Rachel Burden were fawning all over him. Then about ten minutes later it came through that the BBC hadn't vetted him properly and that he had previously come out with some anti-Semitic views. Nicky Campbell then had to apologise to the listeners for having him on the programme. Hilarious, it made my morning.