Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrap the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    What cheesed me off with the radio yesterday was the pure hypocrisy... they’d been going on in the morning about the lack of Premier League this weekend, and an ideal chance to get to your local league club. Wanting people to text in with where they’re going etc.

And with the recent publicity about money in the game and especially Bury and Bolton, it was an excellent chance to focus on a lower league game... not necessarily full commentary, but perhaps a comprehensive score service etc. Or even better a chance to focus on one of the major consequences of how football has gone recently... MK Dons vs AFC Wimbledon...

But they just couldn’t leave it... more Manchester City. more Manchester United.

Pure hypocrisy.

I wasn’t going to revisit this thread as I prefer to talk running on here... but their coverage of the Great North Run this lunchtime got me in a rage...!!
    Local league club, nigh on 100 quid for a family ticket

Test Match Special (that is massaging my ears at the moment) is worth the licence fee.
    I agree about the sensationalism regarding populist sport.
    I’m not normally one for criticism of the BBC but also feel their journalism in the website is based on twitter trending and promotion of their programmes (Strictly etc...) rather than the ilk of John Simpson et al.
    The Proms though...again worth every penny in my opinion.

I literally have not watched anything on tv for weeks

I literally have not watched anything on tv for weeks
    stop posting on here and get into an extended Midsummer Murders session.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Banned
    Scrap the bbc

I can't stop laughing, everytime I see/hear a news or weather bulletin, at the efforts the presenters are going to to try and pronounce JORGE, the name of the latest storm.

Apparently its a Spanish accent they are trying to master on this occasion but they also do it with other countries/languages.

Apart, that is, from Wales, Scotland and Ireland. They don't give a monkeys if they pronounce our names or place names properly. If they can speak with Spanish or French accents they should make the effort to get our names pronounced correctly.

But they don't because the BBC is stuffed full of liberal, snowflake and woke tossers.

Scrap it.

Anyway taking the dogs out now to see what JORGE can throw at me!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I think the only thing I've watched, aside from the odd football match, in the last couple of months, is repeats of Dad's Army.

And of course a bit of the excellent Skiing coverage on Eurosport. My nephew likes to work out the skier's nationality when their flag comes up, then I have to tell him about the country they come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I can't stop laughing, everytime I see/hear a news or weather bulletin, at the efforts the presenters are going to to try and pronounce JORGE, the name of the latest storm.

Apparently its a Spanish accent they are trying to master on this occasion but they also do it with other countries/languages.

Apart, that is, from Wales, Scotland and Ireland. They don't give a monkeys if they pronounce our names or place names properly. If they can speak with Spanish or French accents they should make the effort to get our names pronounced correctly.

But they don't because the BBC is stuffed full of liberal, snowflake and woke tossers.

Scrap it.

They do the same with most of the Lakeland place names Waaaasdale being a personal favourite

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    They do the same with most of the Lakeland place names Waaaasdale being a personal favourite
    The pronunciation of Scafell is the one that grates on me plus calling the Meres and waters Lakes e.g. Windermere is not a lake it is a mere, neither is Coniston Water a lake it is a water, there are plenty of others the CLUE is in the name.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

Scrap it.

They managed to pronounce Ciara in the correct Irish way. It's about time we had a Storm Dafydd or Storm Myfanwy to test their pronunciation, but first we need the Met Office to use Welsh names (especially for storms that are going to dump most of their rain on Wales).
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges