Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrap the BBC

And you can enjoy it without constant interruptions from inane, grating and completely fatuous adverts!

Banned
    And on the Coronavirus thread we have agreed the BBC are unfit for purpose.

Thank God for the BBC keeping us well informed during these difficult times, providing lessons for schoolkids of all ages, etc, etc.

Banned
    Propaganda.

Only a few are continuing with learning Geoff.

The rest are not engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Propaganda.

Only a few are continuing with learning Geoff.

The rest are not engaged.

Being a teacher and having to set work online and seeing the responses from my students who in the main are working incredibly hard, I'm going to strongly disagree with this. Sure some are slacking off, but they are the ones who would slack off in class anyway. 90% are working really well.

I looked at the BBC stuff this morning, it's ok, of course it doesn't make up for a class room environment but it's better than nothing and is essentially free (yes I know there's a license fee but it's equivalent to purchasing a license to Twinkl or some other teaching resource). So I think I'll take take the propaganda and use it to educate some children.

Banned
    As a college lecturer we have less than 20% engaged online.

Hopefully with the amount you have Matthew we might get a better intake with at least grade 4 Maths and English.

Apprentice intake will be drastically reduced.
    Full-time will go the other way.

As manufacturing companies start to pick up the above cycle will reverse.

My A level class are on 70% returning of tests, and after spending this morning marking them they are pretty well engaged. Across the rest of school it varies but numbers are increasing as boredom is probably starting to creep in, so pupils will want something to do. Most lower school are about 50% doing something at the moment, and rising. Not bad for a comprehensive....
    Re the BBC online stuff, BBC Bitesize has it's flaws (Energy topic!!!) but it is mostly worthwhile and has definitely helped a huge number of students over many years. Long may the BBC continue doing it.

I'd just like to see the original Magnificent Seven again. Must be 30 years + since I last saw it.

Come on BBC!
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Keep the BBC but get rid of the news teams. They really are the pits. I never thought I'd find someone more annoying than piers Morgan but that naga munchetty really grinds my gears! Even huw is getting annoying!

"and what is your interpretation of this latest development Laura"
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog