Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrap the BBC

Aaaggghhhh! The worst of all!

This morning's jaw dropping irresponsibility of broadcasting Trump's advice to inject disinfectant to flush out the virus.
    Even I don't know who The Grump is.
    I. Bickerstaff

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrump View Post
    This morning's jaw dropping irresponsibility of broadcasting Trump's advice to inject disinfectant to flush out the virus.
    I've ground up a CD of Norton and chucked in in a curry
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrump View Post
    And guess what, the BBC were putting words in his mouth. He did not advise injecting disinfectant but was asking a medical expert if disinfectant could be used in some form of way i.e. by injection.

I am far from a Trump fan but our press never learn and by misrepresenting just about every word he says plays into his hands.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

The BBC is currently advertising for people to apply for vacancies within its Insight Team.

I suggest that due to the way its reporters, journalists and news readers are covering the coronavirus pandemic that they change its name to the Hindsight Team!

Quote Originally Posted by llani boy View Post
    the bbc is currently advertising for people to apply for vacancies within its insight team.

I suggest that due to the way its reporters, journalists and news readers are covering the coronavirus pandemic that they change its name to the hindsight team!
    like :d
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I've just been listening to Any Questions on BBC Radio 4. In the "lockdown format", people email or phone in their questions from anywhere in the country, rather than being present on location. So the producer can select questions from anywhere. Only 4 questions were aired today: three of them were from listeners in Holmfirth, Burnsall and Leeds.

I will refuse to pay my licence fee until this appalling Yorkshire bias has been rooted out.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I had a rare blip this morning, tuning in to BBC1 news as I had my brew and breakfast. About 8:45 they presented a Headteacher (self-styled activist on Twitter) and a NASUWT rep.

The 2 BBC presenters had a discussion with both about the concerns arising from the SAGE report out yesterday that suggested that a 2 week delay in opening schools would halve the risk of CV issues arising from schools reopening.

One problem - there wasn't any such SAGE report.

The report was from FAKE SAGE, but was discussed on the Public Service Broadcaster with 2 politicised people as if it was an official SAGE report.

Appalling.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

The condescending Victoria Derbyshire promoting Blackout Tuesday this morning on the BBC.

No doubt she and her half witted colleagues are hoping for riots over here this summer.

I think the Beeb has seriously lost the plot. Wish it was back to warm and cosy Blue Peter, Andy Pandy and Morecombe and Wise! Glory days indeed!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth