Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrap the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    We watch the BBC news at 6, mainly for FOMO, then the local BBC news at 6.30, which I think is very good, followed by Channel 4 news at 7 for a better analysis of UK and world events. Then, usually, we turn it off.

I have been watching Spiral since it began - only the last episode of series 8 to go - I really enjoy it. There is some other stuff that I like on BBC4 - the documentaries in particular.
    Spiral is absolutely brilliant. Weve just finished season 3, the butcher of La Villette, and are jumping into season 4.

As for bbc news (or newsnight or question time or Sunday morning politics) I just cannot bear to waste time watching or listening to any of that. I get all the news I need on my mobile phone

I must confess that every now and again the BBC does appears in my good books.

This week is one of those occasions with this years Winterwatch. I find the lockdown editions are a better format than they were pre lockdown. One of the reasons is that there are fewer opportunities for Chris Packham to get on ones tits.

The other three main presenters, Megan, Gillian and Iolo are excellent.

As well as admiring the wildlife I find myself enviously admiring the outdoor jackets that they are showcasing. Paramo, Fjallraven, Rab, Mountain Equipment to name a few.

They must have a healthy expense account!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

As well as admiring the wildlife I find myself enviously admiring the outdoor jackets that they are showcasing. Paramo, Fjallraven, Rab, Mountain Equipment to name a few.

That struck a cord with me too Llani as I've often noticed the vast array of posh outdoor jackets they're kitted out with. It brings into question the thorny issue of 'product placement'. Maybe the Beeb is getting more relaxed.

I did spot a local BBC TV news reporter sporting an Alpkit down jacket a few weeks ago. I'm still looking out for the first Buffalo jacket though! British Buffalo Company?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...nt-apprentice/
    Eat more cake because life is shorter than you thi...

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    That struck a cord with me too Llani as I've often noticed the vast array of posh outdoor jackets they're kitted out with. It brings into question the thorny issue of 'product placement'. Maybe the Beeb is getting more relaxed.

I did spot a local BBC TV news reporter sporting an Alpkit down jacket a few weeks ago. I'm still looking out for the first Buffalo jacket though! British Buffalo Company?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...nt-apprentice/
    If I had one of those jackets I wouldn't be very happy if the producer stuck a piece of gaffer tape over the logo, thereby damaging the jacket
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

If I had one of those jackets I wouldn't be very happy if the producer stuck a piece of gaffer tape over the logo, thereby damaging the jacket
    Me neither Unless of course it was clearly Gorilla tape!
    Eat more cake because life is shorter than you thi...

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    That struck a cord with me too Llani as I've often noticed the vast array of posh outdoor jackets they're kitted out with.
    Perhaps I am cynical but I assume if you can read the logo the wearer didn't pay for it.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

We are always amused in our house by the farmer on Countryfile (Adam?)- always seems to have a paramo jacket to cover in animal poo.

I must confess that every now and again the BBC does appears in my good books.

This week is one of those occasions with this years Winterwatch. I find the lockdown editions are a better format than they were pre lockdown. One of the reasons is that there are fewer opportunities for Chris Packham to get on ones tits.

The other three main presenters, Megan, Gillian and Iolo are excellent.

Thanks LB. I hadn't clocked Winterwatch had started. Yes, Chris is pretty intense.

I'm enjoying Iolo's contributions the most recently.

If they sacked Packham and put Iolo in charge I might watch it again. But not with Packham anywhere near it.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Im probably being naive, but what dont people like about Chris Packham?
    A few years back when I was working for Cumbria Wildlife, I was accosted by a farmers wife. She told me We dont want owt to do with you, youre one of Chris Packhams lot!
    Were enjoying Winterwatch too.