Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New PM

Banned

New PM

Esther McVey for me. Lovely looking lass.

Better looking than Boris for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Esther McVey for me. Lovely looking lass.
    My wife went to school with her for seven years, they were in the same "gang". Helen reckons she was a decent enough girl. Pity she became a Tory and rabid Brexiteer.
    Last edited by DrPatrickBarry; 13-06-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Rory Stewart looks like the only one who would make a decent fellrunner.

Just a shame he is a remainer.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Boris has lost weight recently and he appears to run (after a fashion) so you never know.

I'm not a fan of Esther McVey. She's too opportunistic and I question her integrity. Having said that, in this respect she and all the others are much better than Boris, who's the clear favourite.

Incidentally, I know someone who's on the left of the Labour party who thinks it would be great if Boris won, as he'd help Labour's cause.

Gove for me. He seems the most capable. Ability seems to be something that is underrated by people choosing politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Incidentally, I know someone who's on the left of the Labour party who thinks it would be great if Boris won, as he'd help Labour's cause.
    That's very interesting that they think that. From what I read the consensus among many Tory MP's seems to be that although they think Boris has many flaws, he is the only one capable of beating both Farage and Corbyn at the moment. That's important because given the state of the parliamentary arithmetic a general election appears to be inevitable sooner rather than later.

Bad luck Stagger. Esther is out. Boris storming out in front.

Boris: 114
    Hunt: 43
    Gove: 37
    Raab: 27
    Saj: 23
    Hancock: 20
    Stewart: 19
    Harper: 10 – Eliminated
    McVey: 9 – Eliminated
    Leadsom: 11 – Eliminated
    Last edited by Muddy Retriever; 13-06-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I would quite like Sajid David to win, simply because it would really annoy Donald Trump. More seriously, I think Rory Stewart would be best; but he hasn't got much chance, he has far too much wisdom to be Tory leader.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I would quite like Sajid David to win, simply because it would really annoy Donald Trump. More seriously, I think Rory Stewart would be best; but he hasn't got much chance, he has far too much wisdom to be Tory leader.
    A man who will capitulate to brussels accepting their totally artificial red line of no renegotiation of their totally unreasonable draft?
    Yes brussels needs a useful idiot.
    Someone totally without sense like Stewart.

Precisely because the house failed to stop "no deal " again, and with a brexiter almost inevitable now ,the EU finally show some movement: the least it can, as late as it can. It would NEVER do that for stewart.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11...-latest-update

The only way to deal with brussels is to say hardline and mean it.
    And I think we should no deal. Then talk to brussels about whether they want one. No loss if they dont. They are ideological half wits.

WHo remembers the first thing they did after A50 - not only refuse to discuss trade (in complete contravention of A50) but also tell us we could not talk to any other country about it either. Then start the process of demanding money with menaces.

That is not the act of a friend or ally. Or the acts of anyone wanting a deal.
    They can keep their fourth reich. Germany has a short memory. The money we let them off after WWII was staggering.
    Last edited by Oracle; 13-06-2019 at 04:38 PM.