Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: New PM

I thought you were supposed to be good at the maths thing.
    Malta has one MEP for every 70,900 citizens.
    If Britain had proportionally the same number of citizens per MEP, this would give us 889 MEPs.

but no, it's ogliarchs and other rubbish, isn't it?

And, if you want to compare the EU to a state which murdered 6 million jews, 15,000 gay men and 300,000 disabled people, then you really need to take a long, hard look at yourself.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Banned
    But then I said Cyprus.
    Read before argue is a good order.
    Yet again you fail to challenge any of what was said, which was of course true.

You compare nazi germany , I don't.
    I point out Germany heading a different kind of empire , bullying is a common factor.
    Ideology over sense. It eeems to be a German thing, as witness their lead in a shoe of force against Italian budgets and a show of force not compromise with the Swiss now. They seemingly can't help themselves, It has all gone too far.

I will cheer when the boomerang they throw at the Italians will crash their own banks and dump more than a Trillion debt of Italian default on their own taxpayers, karma.

Like every other remainer, and all pro EU propaganda; You attack detail in any negative view, in the hope it deflects from the existence of an elephant. but in so doing you confirm that it is still an elephant , whether slightly smaller than the one accused,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    I thought you were supposed to be good at the maths thing.
    Malta has one MEP for every 70,900 citizens.
    If Britain had proportionally the same number of citizens per MEP, this would give us 889 MEPs.

but no, it's ogliarchs and other rubbish, isn't it?

And, if you want to compare the EU to a state which murdered 6 million jews, 15,000 gay men and 300,000 disabled people, then you really need to take a long, hard look at yourself.
    Last edited by Oracle; 19-06-2019 at 07:50 AM.

You compare nazi germany , I don't.
    you're a liar

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    you're a liar
    When did I accuse modern day germany of antisemitism? I didn't and don't.
    You made that comparison , I did not.

The EU is overly controlled by Germany that reaps an unfair share of a deflated exchange rate from the union. EU enforcement on budgets and deficits and the nature of the failed single interest rate and currency union stop any of the poor countrie ever challeging that supremacy. It is an empire baseed on ideology not pragmatism - which is why germany is now laying the law down to both Italy inside the EU and Switzerland outside it. Those are my charges. They remain valid.

And since your level of argument has descended from failing to check detail before comment,
    Now to outright insult, I shall not be responding again.
    Last edited by Oracle; 19-06-2019 at 12:33 PM.

come on chaps, play nicely!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    come on chaps, play nicely!
    Agreed Wheeze. Tell Mr Mole, this is not intended as a punchup on my part!
    We can both play nicely.

I only ever entered the threads wondering if some were aware of the failing of the Euro and EU. or the desparate state of banks

Yippee...I got up to 6 miles last night after a miserable couple of years. Are moles doing that at the Mo?.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    That is not the act of a friend or ally. Or the acts of anyone wanting a deal.
    They can keep their fourth reich. Germany has a short memory. The money we let them off after WWII was staggering.
    Who do you mean by "they" Germany I assume.
    I just Googled "Fourth Reich" - Wikipedia had this definition
    The Fourth Reich (German: Viertes Reich) is a hypothetical future German Reich that is the successor to the Third Reich (1933–1945).
    So I assume the EU is Germany's "Fourth Reich".
    Or have I completly misinterpreted your meaning. If so, what did you mean?
    Last edited by DrPatrickBarry; 19-06-2019 at 12:56 PM.

I meant both sides! Oracle, irrespective of how you mean it, the meaning of Fourth Reich is clearly inflammatory to some people and provokes a response....which you cannot resist repeating. Its getting tiresome, so find another way of putting your views. I'm willing to accept you may not be a far right activist and agent provacateur but just someone with trenchant informed views. But others may not be so forgiving so please, for the sake of the debate, stop provoking them.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Banned
    I defined it in my previous post

"The EU is overly controlled by Germany that reaps an unfair share of a deflated exchange rate from the union. EU enforcement on budgets and deficits as well as the nature of the failed single interest rate and currency union stop any of the poor countrie ever challeging that supremacy.

It is an empire baseed on ideology not pragmatism - which is why germany is now laying the law down to both Italy inside the EU and Switzerland outside it. Those are my charges. They remain valid"

I contend from observation:
    Germany is indeed both at the centre of benefit from the EU, and the centre of policing the rules that stop others competing with them. Germany is now at the centre of a show of strength against Italy regars the budget, as unnecessarily hostile statements from the financial minister of the German recently show..
    And against switzerland. Ask Varoufakis and he will tell you that many small countries had sympathy with greece but said "we cannot be seen to support you, because we cannot upset Germany" Source? Read varoufakis memoirs of the time. The massive cash flows on Target 2 end in Germany.

People should recognise the reality. The EU does not play nicely. That cannot last.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Who do you mean by "they" Germany I assume.
    I just Googled "Fourth Reich" - Wikipedia had this definition
    The Fourth Reich (German: Viertes Reich) is a hypothetical future German Reich that is the successor to the Third Reich (1933–1945).
    So I assume the EU is Germany's "Fourth Reich".
    Or have I completly misinterpreted your meaning. If so, what did you mean?
    Last edited by Oracle; 19-06-2019 at 01:11 PM.

sorry, Wheeze, I don't play nice with fascists.
    Or fascist sympathisers.