Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: New PM

This week I've seen quite a bit of Guto Bebb on the news.

I'd heard his name, it's an unusual one that one tends to remember but I didn't know anything about him.

I think it was Wednesday this week, he was with Adam Boulton advising why he won't stand at the next General Election.

Mr Bebb ( a welsh MP for Aberconwy) felt that the party was becoming extreme, pandering to the English Nationalists and his more centrist, one nation approach was now on the fringes of the current party.

I thought I'd check him out.

Mr Bebb is the grandson of a Plaid Cymru co-founder and a family very involved in PC. But Mr Bebb himself was active in Plaid until 2001 to the extent he was the Chair of the local are party.

He was even a prospective Parliamentary candidate for the 2001 election, but was overlooked and hence left to join the Tories.

That we have a bloke from a hereditary Welsh Nationalist party, who only left due to a hissy fit at him not being selected to stand as MP, and join the Tories (and why did they accept his application???) probably shows why politics in in such a mess.
    The welsh nationalist now accuses the Tories of pandering to English nationalists.

He clearly lacks any political philosophy, other than trying to make as financially rewarding a career out of it as possible.

Just like the majority of them.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    This week I've seen quite a bit of Guto Bebb on the news.

I'd heard his name, it's an unusual one that one tends to remember but I didn't know anything about him.

I think it was Wednesday this week, he was with Adam Boulton advising why he won't stand at the next General Election.

Mr Bebb ( a welsh MP for Aberconwy) felt that the party was becoming extreme, pandering to the English Nationalists and his more centrist, one nation approach was now on the fringes of the current party.

I thought I'd check him out.

Mr Bebb is the grandson of a Plaid Cymru co-founder and a family very involved in PC. But Mr Bebb himself was active in Plaid until 2001 to the extent he was the Chair of the local are party.

He was even a prospective Parliamentary candidate for the 2001 election, but was overlooked and hence left to join the Tories.

That we have a bloke from a hereditary Welsh Nationalist party, who only left due to a hissy fit at him not being selected to stand as MP, and join the Tories (and why did they accept his application???) probably shows why politics in in such a mess.
    The welsh nationalist now accuses the Tories of pandering to English nationalists.

He clearly lacks any political philosophy, other than trying to make as financially rewarding a career out of it as possible.

Just like the majority of them.
    I don't understand why Mr Bebb is quitting the Tory party just now. I would have thought that a party led by Boris Johnson would be the perfect place for a shameless opportunist.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Banned
    Boris it is then

The new PM, Boris Johnson, has requested more translators for the House of Commons because the new Speaker is the MP for Chorley and no one can understand a ****ing word he says!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 18-12-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    The new PM, Boris Johnson, has requested more translators for the House of Commons because the new Speaker is the MP for Chorley and no one can understand a ****ing word he says!
    New job for Tindersticks?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges