Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: New PM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    I despise Corbyn, Diane Abbott, and all of his other cronies. But that does not stop me critising somebody who has gone too far in indicating his dislike of them.
    That begs a question: is it possible to go too far in despising terrorist apologists? Or despising those who would inflict the horrors of Marxism and fascism here?
    Last edited by Oracle; 26-06-2019 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Haha, you lot still going on and on and on and on 🙄

Here’s my prediction:

1. Boris wins the leadership contest hands down (with two thirds of the conservative membership borderline fascists by the sound of it, it’s a shoe in)

2. Boris tries to force the ‘no deal’ line of negotiation with the EU and gets absolutely fecking nowhere

3. A vote of no confidence in the government is lost by the tories and a general election is called

4. The Brexit party coupled with the growing swell of remain leaning parties hand the conservatives their arses at the election

5. A labour/lib dem/snp coalition get in

6. Boris loses his Uxbridge seat through coordinated pro remain tactical voting

😊😊😊
    Welcome back from the cliff edge Stolly.

1. Agree that Boris will win, but of course not with your ludicrous assertion.

2. Disagree - he's already said that he will try and do a deal. I do actually think there will be a deal done along the lines of GATT XXIV, but we'll see.

So beyond 2 if we can't do a deal.

3. I think that BJ will win a no confidence vote. Whilst 10-15 Tories might vote with the opposition, around 30 Labour or independent MPs sided with the Govt last week, or abstained on No Deal.

A fair number are vehemently opposed to a 2nd ref and campaigning for Revoke. There is no way they want a General Election on such a policy.

So if BJ doesn't do a deal, I think we will leave on WTO terms with a series of bilateral agreements, such as the 50 or so already approved by the EU that just need to be ratified in the UK.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

looks like we'll be sorted once those FTAs are signed off.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...without-a-deal
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Welcome back from the cliff edge Stolly.

3. I think that BJ will win a no confidence vote. Whilst 10-15 Tories might vote with the opposition, around 30 Labour or independent MPs sided with the Govt last week, or abstained on No Deal.
    A labour mp supporting Brexit is one thing but supporting a Tory government led by buffoon Boris is totally another. They’d definitely vote the tories down

A labour mp supporting Brexit is one thing but supporting a Tory government led by buffoon Boris is totally another. They’d definitely vote the tories down
    Couldn't keep away eh. Thought you didn't like the company on here?

Actually it is not impossible to see your predictions coming true. I certainly think there will be a general election in the autumn. As to which way it goes is anyone's guess. Wonder how long a Labour/Lib Dem/SNP coalition would last though.

It would probably be some dirty result with (very broadly speaking) Brexit party, Labour, Tories, LibDems getting about a quarter of the seats each

Name Calling others " racist" or " fascist" because they disagree with you, without trying to understand their point of view has led to Polarization at a time we need to unite behind a direction.
    Calling others words like " racist" or " fascist" is a disgraceful insul

The EU continues to behave as a fascist dictatorship
    Fascist is a word far better applied of an undemocratic authoritarian EU
    remainer b@ll@x
    I could go on.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Banned

I think you have misjudged a GE

Take uxbridge. The increase in labour from UKIP last time, was on the basis labour honoured brexit. They have clearly not done so. So Labour lose that support which will go to BXP. Corbyn has proven he is a disgrace to humanity as expected as witness the AS problem and nepotism to cover it up. Lib dem will weaken labour not Tory. I doubt if boris will be beaten.

Labour have no policy on brexit, they never have. Worse still they can not have a policy. And that will also split their vote.

Because More than half of their members are remain, more than half of their consituencies are leave. Brexit party will walk it in such as Nandys and Coopers whether or not they do a deal with tories. Labour remain membership is concentrated in big cities so has disproportionately few seats.

A GE would be suicide for labour.
    And provided Boris keeps to the "no deal" - Farage will only attack the consituencies he needs to.

The problem is Corbyn and those round him are stupid. They let their ideology cloud their vision. So it would not surprise me them trying.

If there is a surprise it is Change UK voting for christmas as turkeys. Whether that carries to independents I have no idea.

Labour have as always just conspired to cause havoc. Voting "not to no deal" proves the IQ of the average labour MP is not what it should be, and proves they are all disingenous cowards. It is nothing to do with a deal.They want to rescind A50 but do not dare to propose it.
    Last edited by Oracle; 26-06-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    I could go on.
    Until you learn the meanings of words please dont.

I call organisations fascist on the basis of their dictionary definition traits. Authoritarian, undemocratic, dictatorships intolerant of any dissent, in which an ideology trumps everything else. Corbyns labour with momentum enforcers is just that: read the stream of abuse on any dissenting MPs twitter feed.

YOu/ Stolly calling people (rather than organisations) "nazi sympathiser" and/or "fascist " and/or "racist" which are not only libellous, it would get you banned on any properly policed forum and rightly so. At very least it is a flame.
    Stolly just said "fascist" of Boris voters, which suggests he does not know what it means - but he used it none the less . It seems corbynistas lose any shred of decency in such arguments. Anything goes (except truth) when insulting tories for them.

Until you learn the difference between describing organisations and accusing people, and have good enough evidence to survive a libel action , I suggest you hold your tongue. It could get you in serious trouble.

"fascist" "racist" and "nazi syumpathiser" are disgraceful slurs on people, and cannot have been deduced from anything said.
    Last edited by Oracle; 26-06-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    As I stated before, no countries have completely open borders and I don't believe we should be the exception. The grey area is where you sit on the continuum between completely closed (which none of us support) and completely open (which none of us support). I could quite easily put the question back to you. If you don't think migration has a monetary positive effect on the country, why don't you support completely closed borders. I suspect you'd answer "because that would be ridiculous".
    So since you don't believe in free movement of people you admit immigration can be good or bad depending on the situation? Yet without any figures or evidence you tell us average immigration has been good for the country.

Can you now see that many people who voted for Brexit - and whom you believe didn't know what they were voting for - share your conviction that immigration can be on average good or bad, but took the view that it was bad and voted accordingly?
    Last edited by CL; 26-06-2019 at 12:12 PM.