Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New PM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    I know it is the constitution, it is still hilarious to think a baboon like him will be leading the country.
    I can only comment having spoken to him for a while that the man and the media creation by his enemies are not the same.

But answer honestly :would you rather have the real oaf of politicis Diane Abbott instead, or her squalid friends at the top?

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    I know it is the constitution, it is still hilarious to think a baboon like him will be leading the country.
    What I think is hilarious is the hypocrisy of you lefties who will happily spew all sorts of insult's against white males but as soon as anyone even criticises someone who is not white and male you are screaming sexist, racist, homophobic etc etc.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Well if Johnson is a yard stick I suggest that makes Noel eminently worthy PM material.

My how we laughed when America elected Trump.
    I am not sure Noel especially stands out for not answering: he is but an amateur.
    Consider. Could someone explain to me what labours brexit policy is? Indeed whether they actually have one? and whether it is the same today as it was yesterday? Now there is a question never answered in three years, that even the journalists have given up asking!

And as for laughing about presidents, America loves a song and dance. They made Ronald Reagan president remember. And in a poll a couple of years on, the numbers were unequivocal. " We love you Mr President, but we hate ALL your policies!"

It matters so much more that the US and UK leaders have similar hair do's dont you think?

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    Noel a little while ago you eventually answered my persistent question: do you believe in an open border to the UK? You stated you didn't. If you really believe migration has been a monetary positive for the country why don't you support open borders?
    As I stated before, no countries have completely open borders and I don't believe we should be the exception. The grey area is where you sit on the continuum between completely closed (which none of us support) and completely open (which none of us support). I could quite easily put the question back to you. If you don't think migration has a monetary positive effect on the country, why don't you support completely closed borders. I suspect you'd answer "because that would be ridiculous".

Banned
    There is of course a pragmatic part way house, where discrete monitoring is done.

But faced with an EU who refuse to negotiate, what chance is there of that?

Varadkar has now by his own hubris reached the end of the culdesac

He forced the no deal and now will find he is attacked by EU for not building a border, and attacked by republicans if he does. He is everything that is wrong with EU. A triumph of hubris over sense.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    As I stated before, no countries have completely open borders and I don't believe we should be the exception. The grey area is where you sit on the continuum between completely closed (which none of us support) and completely open (which none of us support). I could quite easily put the question back to you. If you don't think migration has a monetary positive effect on the country, why don't you support completely closed borders. I suspect you'd answer "because that would be ridiculous".

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    I can only comment having spoken to him for a while that the man and the media creation by his enemies are not the same.

But answer honestly :would you rather have the real oaf of politicis Diane Abbott instead, or her squalid friends at the top?

I recognise that you are Boris-struck and he can be charming (well, certainly to women) but it's a little undignified to be a groupie at your age. I presume your question is droll rhetoric but, for the record, I have always voted Conservative and my contempt for those at the top of the Labour Party suggests that I probably always will.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    It wasnt Boris's charm that struck me most, although he has more Charisma in his little finger than both front benches put together. He also has an ability to speak to the person in front of him as if they matter, not to the camera he thinks is watching.

But what struck me was that he is a thinking man, His observations were clearly erudite.

So will Hunt be getting your vote? It would be a change to have someone who has the first inkling about business and entrepreneurship, but for me, on almost every other front he is a worse choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I recognise that you are Boris-struck and he can be charming (well, certainly to women) but it's a little undignified to be a groupie at your age. I presume your question is droll rhetoric but, for the record, I have always voted Conservative and my contempt for those at the top of the Labour Party suggests that I probably always will.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

So will Hunt be getting your vote? It would be a change to have someone who has the first inkling about business and entrepreneurship, but for me, on almost every other front he is a worse choice.
    A good question.

Hunt has qualities, but I have difficulty warming to him because of the way he treated the "Junior Doctors" in the NHS and I think whilst he is more aware of the realpolitik of the Brexit issue his clinical (ha!) machine-like persona will not inspire the electorate in the next General Election to vote Conservative.

Boris has no real idea about Brexit but thinks charm and bluster will win the day - because it always has for him - although I fear not this time. However his personable, blonde, smiling manner may persuade the electorate to vote for him as PM and that means another Conservative Govt. - which is all that matters.

I wanted Gove. Naïve? Yes! But a good brain, a politician for the right reasons and a human being.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 25-06-2019 at 05:06 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Daily mash spot on as always: https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/polit...20190625186949

I notice both potential leaders are going for the "big lie" approach. Tax cuts and increased spending. What happened to reducing the deficit?

What happened to reducing the deficit?
    it's being spent on a HUGE bridge in London. Oh, no, that's £350m per week.
    or something.
    ....it's all downhill from here.