Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New PM

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    They can keep their fourth reich. Germany has a short memory. The money we let them off after WWII was staggering.
    I can only think you're trying to be offensive now, since we had a lengthy discussion about how inappropriate such language was the last time you used it.

Since you mention ideological half wits...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I can only think you're trying to be offensive now, since we had a lengthy discussion about how inappropriate such language was the last time you used it.

Since you mention ideological half wits...

Not offensive at all. If it smells like poo, it probably is. EU has never treated us as a partner, it has treated us as someone to be controlled.Now take a good hard look at Target 2. Where the money comes from and where it ends up. SUre it is no longer trains of banknotes, but that is what it would take, to send the amount of money Germany gets from Target 2

Several countries had sympathy for Greece, now sympathy for italy. All of them say "but we cannot upset Germany" by giving public support.

I can only remind you of what I said: after A50 and knowing trade was important to both, they not only refused to talk trade, they tried to prevent us talking to any other country about post EU trade, either: then they started demanding money with menaces.

They have actively tried to poach UK businesses in total contravention of EU law.

Now tell me that those are the acts of a friend ally or partner, or whether those are the acts of a hostile nation (or in this case group of nations).

Your nose will grow an inch if you say friend..
    Just read the virulent nastiness and insulting language spoken by Macron, Juncker and Verhofstadt.
    Take off the rose tinted Glasses noel. EU is not very nice. Reich means empire. And that is how they treat it.

We did not have a lengthy discussion about inappropriate language. You were personally insulting. I called you out on it.
    Last edited by Oracle; 13-06-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Incidentally, I know someone who's on the left of the Labour party who thinks it would be great if Boris won, as he'd help Labour's cause.
    I'd suggest your acquaintance is as deluded as their fellow travellers.

Polling is unreliable, but every single poll suggests BJ is an electoral asset to the Tories as leader. One out in the last few days suggested he could gain a 100 seat majority.

I accept he could blow it - but somehow what some class as gaffs, many in the public see as eccentric, or human.

Now I'm not so deluded as I'd buy in to the 100 figure.

But consider at the last General Election 42.4% voted for a poor PM and a poor manifesto. The polls had been up close to 50% until the campaign started.

Those voters haven't disappeared. Perhaps half are with Farage.

At that time they were voting for a Canada style FTA and the Irish backstop hadn't been heard of.

If Johnson has to go to a GE, that will be due to 10-20 Tory rebel MPs as he tries to just leave on 31/10.

In that situation, the GE will be almost entirely on leaving with No Deal or revoking.

I believe he will get most of the 42.4%

I think Farage will selectively pick off any Tory Brexit blockers if they haven't been replaced, and a raft of Labour MPs.

Unless Labour, LibDem, Greens form an alliance (and Labour will not) they will split the Remain vote, especially where the NATs come in to play.
    Labour's GE stance is almost certainly going to be a Remain fudge and will drive some of their voters to Tory and/or BP.

So 100 seat majority highly unlikely. 50 quite possible.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

here we go again.....comparing the EU to Nazi Germany is offensive in the extreme. This has been pointed out before, but you chose to ignore it.
    The "Fourth Reich" is something touted by Neo-Nazis and you're trying to normalise the concept by dropping it in here. I can only surmise that you're either sympathetic to Neo-Nazis or just plain ignorant.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    here we go again.....comparing the EU to Nazi Germany is offensive in the extreme. This has been pointed out before, but you chose to ignore it.
    The "Fourth Reich" is something touted by Neo-Nazis and you're trying to normalise the concept by dropping it in here. I can only surmise that you're either sympathetic to Neo-Nazis or just plain ignorant.
    Or better informed than you seemingly on how the EU functions.

With a puppet parliament that had to be seen to be elected , it is not elected to be seen or heard from. Same as Venezuela. Juncker openly mocked it last time he addressed it.
    Real power and all legislation lies with unelected commissioners and hierarchy. Dirty deals behind closed doors. And financially it is set up to enrich Germany, which it does on massive scale

It is an empire.
    And its modus operandi is bullying.
    Varadkar stating " you have to do what I say. My friends are bigger than yours"
    It beggars its people in Southern Europe , 50 percent youth unemployment. You may not agree but salvini does, and if the local country tries to stand up for its people , the uprising is squashed financially

If it smells like poo, it is because it is.
    I love Europe. And the people's, my hatred is reserved for unnecessary EU , and the dictators that run it.
    We are well out.
    Take the rose tinted glasses off
    Last edited by Oracle; 13-06-2019 at 06:03 PM.

so, you've not defended your use of "Fourth Reich" and are using deflection arguments.

And you're still rolling out the misinformation about youth unemployment rates in Europe. Which are NOT at 50% and are improving:
    https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statis...ent_statistics

Banned
    @Dave_Mole

Quote Mr Salvini who as the leader of italy, knows far more about the unemployment in italy than you EVER WILL

"At a time when youth unemployment touches 50 percent in some regions, someone in Brussels is demanding, a fine of three billion euros."
    So I suggest you study first. Comment second. The mezzogiorno is in a desperate state.

Reich means empire. The EU is certainly an empire. Run by unelected dictators whose ideology trumps common sense. The modus operandi is bullying. Who precisely elected Selmayr? who is the epitome of what is wrong with EU

The last european empire failed and that was called the third.
    This one will fail as well. So is therefore the fourth. I have explained to you before, that all currency unions fail. The euro which is the product of EU ideology, not sense, a determination to create a superstate, and that will fail as well. But not before it puts half the population of europe into hardship. You failed to challenge.

Take the rose tinted glasses off.

It is time that europe had a loose trade area, which is we signed up for. Not to be a vassal state in an empire run from brussels and berlin.
    Last edited by Oracle; 13-06-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Hard line Eurosceptic misquoting EU statistics? Which one was it, though? Salvini or you?

And of course Reich means empire. FOURTH REICH has distinctly different connotations.
    You continue to use deflection arguments and haven't denied that this phrase is connected to Neo-Nazis and that you're trying to normalise it by dropping it into your lengthy rants.

Driving home from work this evening I was listening to Tory MP Vicky Ford, one of Jeremy Hunt’s backers being interviewed on 5 Live. After eulogising for a while about his virtues she then proceeded to “c-bomb” him. With friends like these.......

Seems to be happening more and more. If he wants to be prime minister he really does need to change his name.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    Hard line Eurosceptic misquoting EU statistics? Which one was it, though? Salvini or you?

And of course Reich means empire. FOURTH REICH has distinctly different connotations.
    You continue to use deflection arguments and haven't denied that this phrase is connected to Neo-Nazis and that you're trying to normalise it by dropping it into your lengthy rants.
    I have no idea what language neo nazis use. I will neither read it, nor refer to it , nor avoid it.

So you accuse Mr Salvini of lying?. I suggest you read the journalists reports or the svimez report " in under 24s it is 56 percent" . But you wont.

Your posts demonstrate the normal remainer ignorance about the EU they applaud.