Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: New PM

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    I don't see what the problem is. If a forumite doesn't like the political threads don't go on those. It seems from my experience though that those who complain about political threads are those who can't stay off them.

The political threads are some of the best on here because they stir up people's passions. They put people's values on the line. Look at Dave Mole and Oracle. The only reason they are knocking the stuffing out of one another is because they care. It's important to them. Give me a person who's prepared to fight for what they believe in any day, rather than a 'chipper in' who just wants to sabotage a good debate with annoying snippets.

Keep rolling.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    I don't see what the problem is. If a forumite doesn't like the political threads don't go on those. It seems from my experience though that those who complain about political threads are those who can't stay off them.

The political threads are some of the best on here because they stir up people's passions. They put people's values on the line. Look at Dave Mole and Oracle. The only reason they are knocking the stuffing out of one another is because they care. It's important to them. Give me a person who's prepared to fight for what they believe in any day, rather than a 'chipper in' who just wants to sabotage a good debate with annoying snippets.

Keep rolling.
    Perfectly put CL.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    I echo those sentiments. Now lets see NEW PM could better be translated as New Personal Milestone and if you like I will try and start the theme.

I turn 70 at the beginning of August and have decided to set myself a New Personal Milestone by setting out to cover 215 Wainwright tops in one outing yep all the standard 214 + 1. I am planning a Solo self supported trip starting from Kendal and Finishing in Windermere.

So thats the New Personal Milestone I have set for myself what`s yours?
    Brilliant challenge, John. What's the +1? Presumably something personal to you?

My immediate new PM is a sub-hour at Snowdon tonight....next year, some sort of 50 at 50 kind of thing....

Doing the Dales way in under 24hrs on 17/18th August.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Brilliant challenge, John. What's the +1? Presumably something personal to you?
    Hi GeoffB The +1 is Orrest Head The first Hill that Wainwright ascended in 1930 at the age of 23 and as we all know it was the view from Orrest head that inspired him to venture into the hills and write his books which have since inspired so many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    My immediate new PM is a sub-hour at Snowdon tonight....next year, some sort of 50 at 50 kind of thing....
    Good LuckWith the Sub - hour @ Snowdon tonight Dave_Mole this heat will have a part to play I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Doing the Dales way in under 24hrs on 17/18th August.
    Hi MattPo The Dales way in under 24hrs should be a cracking challenge hope all goes well,which way you doing it Bowness on Windermere - Ilkley or T`other Way
    Last edited by JohnK; 28-06-2019 at 06:43 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Hi MattPo The Dales way in under 24hrs should be a cracking challenge hope all goes well,which way you doing it Bowness on Windermere - Ilkley or T`other Way
    Finishing in Ilkley, doing it as a one off race to celebrate it's 50th Anniversary - organised by Punk Panther Ultra Marathons. Handy it finishing in Ilkley as I live in Otley and catch the bus home.

Thanks JohnK,
    Good luck with the Wainwrights

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Good Luck Hope the Cartilage keeps playing ball and Your passion to keep running in the hills continues to grow.

Keep getting out
    Do what you like, like what you do

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    WP: I'm sorry, but this statement needs looking at:

UKIP made a number of FoI requests to the Home Office and various police forces and no evidence of the Circular/advice could be found. The Home Office response is here:
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ponse.pdf.html
    and the Met Police's here:
    https://www.london.gov.uk/questions/2018/3142
    https://youtu.be/pNmyMc26YUc

Here you go Dave.

R4 Today programme.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    https://youtu.be/pNmyMc26YUc

Here you go Dave.

R4 Today programme.
    And who was in power then? Yep, Corbyns lot. Couldn't see the wood for the trees. Or probably, did not want to see.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog