Thread: Ice cream

Ice cream

Like ice cream?
    Buy the stuff from the supermarket? The stuff with tons of sugar, maybe cream, and lot of chemistry?

STOP.

Do yourself a favour and buy an ice cream machine.
    We've been using one, with compressor, bought 2 months ago. Not cheap but the ice cream you get is just mind-blowing fantastic. You never ever ever ever want to eat supermarket Ice cream ever ever ever again.

We have one too, the Missus loves making (and eating) it. Mainly from fruit out of the garden but my favourite is bilberry - pick the bilberries off the hills, not bought ones.
    No preservatives, no crap in it.

We have a lovely gelato shop in town. They happily show you how they make it. Very au naturelle.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    We have a lovely gelato shop in town. They happily show you how they make it. Very au naturelle.
    Also in your part of the country, I discovered Llanfaes Dairy in Brecon after the Pen y Fan race in last July's heatwave. Just what I needed!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I learnt a new thing last year. Put bananas in the freezer. A few days later put them in the blender - hey presto: banana ice cream. It sounds weird but it works.