Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nigel or Boris for PM

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    I'm sorry, is this the 5 minute argument or the full half hour?
    Showing your age with that GeoffB. It is not an argument, it is contradiction!

I'm sorry, is this the 5 minute argument or the full half hour?
    just the five minutes
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    In all seriousness, one of the positives (in my opinion) of having a flawed personality with baggage as PM is that it might deal with the offense brigade.

The vast majority of people say inappropriate things, maybe post stuff on the internet that if revisited 10 years later would make one cringe.

I made a comment a few weeks ago on a friends facebook, I slept on it, and then removed it the day after as I thought I'd just crossed the line a little.

The atmosphere today is that one tweet, a few words in an article (often taken out of context) can finish a career.

Last night we saw an MP remove a protestor from somewhere they shouldn't have been. The fuss that has arisen is incredible.
    Had security been on their toes, they would have used the same technique to remove that same protestor.

He has been described as grabbing her by the throat, but he had his hand on the back of the neck and as he pushed her out you could see the smirk on here face, so he clearly wasn't exerting an force, other than the pushing force.

She could have been egging, chucking a milkshake, but she could also have been about to mace spray or acid attack. In the current climate who knows?

Had she been found with something more serious on her, he would have been hailed a hero for putting his own safety on the line.

The climate that has meant we can only have saints in public office has become unbearable. If having someone such as Johnson at the top alleviates it that is a good thing.
    Agree with you there Witton. Newsnight were making a big fuss over her ejection. My view is she forced her way in and she was forced out. As Mr Kay would say......simples.

Master
    Oh I forgot the question. Nigel.