Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowflakes

you really have no idea about Northern Ireland politics, do you?
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    you really have no idea about Northern Ireland politics, do you?
    I'm not sure where you think he has got it wrong with Corbyn and McDonald's pro IRA sympathies.

Corbyn
    - invited convicted IRA terrorists to the House of Commons two weeks after the Brighton bombing, which killed and maimed people.
    - attended and spoke at a number of pro IRA commemorations of terrorists.
    - was General Secretary of the journal "Labour Briefing" which supported IRA violence. It said "the British only sit up and take notice when they are bombed into it"
    - Opposed the Anglo-Irish agreement, making a mockery of his claims to be only talking to the IRA because he wanted to further the peace process. Why did he never talk to the other side?

McDonnell was just as bad. He once said "It’s about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table. The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA. Because of the bravery of the IRA and people like Bobby Sands we now have a peace process."

all of which of course excuses actual terrorists in the actual government, being paid £1bn of taxpayers money to shore up a government which has no mandate.

And Oracle doesn't understand NI.

all of which of course excuses actual terrorists in the actual government, being paid £1bn of taxpayers money to shore up a government which has no mandate.

And Oracle doesn't understand NI.
    If you mean the DUP then you’re wrong. They are not in the actual Government. None of them are ministers.

As to whether any of them have carried out terrorist acts I wouldn’t know. Have any of them been convicted? Do you have some links?

They are not in the actual Government
    they "just" agree to support the government on all motions of confidence; and on the Queen’s Speech; the Budget; finance bills; money bills, supply and appropriation legislation and Estimates. Without which the government would not be able to function, so yes, they're in the government.

Peter Robinson was DUP leader and Northern Ireland’s First Minister until last year was an active member of Ulster Resistance. Have a little Google search and find him with an AK47.

And that Arlene Foster's a nice gal. The RHI scandal didn't bring down the Irish government or anything, now did it?

they "just" agree to support the government on all motions of confidence; and on the Queen’s Speech; the Budget; finance bills; money bills, supply and appropriation legislation and Estimates. Without which the government would not be able to function, so yes, they're in the government.
    The Government doe not have a majority to pass its legislation without the support of the DUP but that does not make them part of the Government. They have a confidence and supply agreement with the Government. The DUP voted three times against the EU withdrawal agreement. Had they been in Government they would not have been unable to do that under the principle of Collective Responsibility.

Peter Robinson was DUP leader and Northern Ireland’s First Minister until last year was an active member of Ulster Resistance. Have a little Google search and find him with an AK47.
    I did google him and saw plenty such allegations being made. I also saw this however:

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northe...group-1118900/

The Metro newspaper had to apologise for saying he had been a member of the Ulster Resistance.

"On 9 June, we wrongly reported that Peter Robinson, the former leader of the Democratic Unionist Party, had been an active member of a terror group, the Ulster Resistance.

"Mr Robinson has neither been a member of a terror group, nor supported terrorism.

"We apologise to Mr Robinson for our error and any embarrassment caused."

And that Arlene Foster's a nice gal. The RHI scandal didn't bring down the Irish government or anything, now did it?
    What does this have to do with terrorism?

I think you're getting a bit confused, the RHI scandal didn't bring down the Irish Government - it brought down the Northern Ireland assembly. Rather amusing that you accuse Oracle of not understanding Northern Ireland, you're not even in the right country!

Anyway for all I know there may be some DUP members who have had links to terrorism. Given Northern Ireland's history I'd be surprised if there wasn't. But can you tell me about any specific proven terrorist allegations/convictions against the ten DUP MP's who support the Government.

Banned
    Now depart from the "numbnut" momentum playbook.

Now Defend Martin mcguinness - leader of provisional Ira, deputy leader of stormonyt.
    Maimed and murdered women and children. Thousands,

The thugs for whom Corbyn and McDonnell are apologist.
    Answer me why Corbyn is still allowed into parliament because of that support, that no decent human could give,

But sadly, the knuckle draggers of momentum are only taught a few lines about DUP, are they capable of independent thought?

Northern Ireland has a history. Most of them are a shade of grey.
    But not corbyns man, mcguiness. He is as nasty as they come.

Last edited by Oracle; 24-06-2019 at 10:19 PM.

The DUP set up the Ulster Resistance, MP Sammy Wilson recurited for it, describing it as "an organised and disciplined force" and which smuggled 200 assult rifles into NI. Sammy Wilson is now the DUP MP for East Antrim. Robinson set up the UR with Paisley and was photographed wearing one of their berets.

The DUP voted three times against the EU withdrawal agreement. Had they been in Government they would not have been unable to do that under the principle of Collective Responsibility.
    yes, collective responsibility's going well isn't it? Remind me again who had the biggest defeat in the House ever?

Banned
    Now be objective and comment on Martin mcguinness and sinn feinn
    Like most things mole: I know a great deal more than you: because I look at both sides of an argument not just the "anti tory" playbook
    I am also a victim of glass from IRA bombs.

So I knew of the shameful past of The disgrace that is Corbyn 20 years before you ever did.

Now you Comment on Corbyns support for bombers ( various)and his unfitness in civilised society let alone parliament.
    Also Corbyns support for regimes that attack dissenters and in some cases shoot them like Cuba, and china, or lock them up like Venezuela. Corbyn likes people who have used the AK47s against civilians, and has supported bombers who blow civilians to bits.

Compare that with your allegation against Robinson

I am not restricted to your " anti Tory" momentum playbook that trots out the same allegations. One day, just one of you might research them and discover the stupidity of some of them. and the hopeless imbalance in the rest.

It was a deal that was defeated - and with it the EU who tried to impose it.

Tell me. Has Corbyn even got a brexit policy yet? In three long years he has not had one yet. Or is it still the usual two faced deceit? I hear He is about to flip again. Although how it is possible for someone to flip that never had a policy in the first place.

Do you support Labours antisemitism actions? Or the nepotism at leaders office that protects it? Do you really think a UK leader should honour the dead of terrorist bombers or protest agains the leaders he would have to do business with if he were ever elected PM. If I were the leader of any decent nation I would refuse to meet corbyn because of his sordid past and opinions.

The DUP set up the Ulster Resistance, MP Sammy Wilson recurited for it, describing it as "an organised and disciplined force" and which smuggled 200 assult rifles into NI. Sammy Wilson is now the DUP MP for East Antrim. Robinson set up the UR with Paisley and was photographed wearing one of their berets.

yes, collective responsibility's going well isn't it? Remind me again who had the biggest defeat in the House ever?
    Last edited by Oracle; 25-06-2019 at 08:34 AM.

From what I've read both Peter Robinson and Sammy Wilson were present at a rally in November 1986 when the Ulster Resistance was formed. But the DUP claims to have severed links with the Ulster Resistance in 1987 when it became clear that it was importing guns. Whether that's true or not I've no idea.

Why did Peter Robinson win a libel case against accusations that he was a member of the Ulster Resistance resulting in the Metro having to make such a grovelling apology and paying him damages?

You said there were "actual terrorists in the actual government". So I'll ask you the question again what criminal convictions for terrorism do the 10 DUP MP's have? As you're so certain it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Collective responsibility applies to members of the Government, not MP's in the governing party. It is a convention that means ministers should resign if they want to publicly oppose Government policy. The record defeat you are referring to was May's first attempt to pass the EU withdrawal agreement. Perhaps you can tell me which serving members of the Government at the time voted against the WA.