Thread: Wharfedale Three Peaks

Wharfedale Three Peaks

We need more posts on Fell running and the outdoors on this Forum and move away from political ranting.
    So:-
    After being given a heads up by the Venerable Mr Tait I've entered the above to be run on Saturday. Looking forward to running some of my favourite bits of Wharfedale, The Birks Fell ridge and the parth from Yockenthwaite to Cray - fantastic views down the dale. The bit from the top of Buckdon pike to Whernside is also good and I've seen short eared owls up there.
    Anyone else doing it. Looks like we might get a bit sweaty.

Good call!!

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    We need more posts on Fell running and the outdoors on this Forum and move away from political ranting.

Yes MattPo. I'm doing the Wharfedale 3Ps (I think for the fourth or fifth time; I've lost track).
    It is indeed a beautiful route and and as such is a perfect antidote against the depressive effects of any of the prevailing political numb-skullery.
    I'll be in my Baildon vest, so feel free to say 'Hi'.
    I expect to bimble round in 6 hours or so, unless I begin to melt and decide to sit down in a beck instead.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Yes MattPo. I'm doing the Wharfedale 3Ps (I think for the fourth or fifth time; I've lost track).
    It is indeed a beautiful route and and as such is a perfect antidote against the depressive effects of any of the prevailing political numb-skullery.
    I'll be in my Baildon vest, so feel free to say 'Hi'.
    I expect to bimble round in 6 hours or so, unless I begin to melt and decide to sit down in a beck instead.
    Good to see you there Tussock Face. I'll be in an Otley Vest and suntan cream.

Don’t want to be Mr Know-It-All, but a pair of shorts is also worth considering.

Don’t want to be Mr Know-It-All, but a pair of shorts is also worth considering.
    Mankini, thong, Budgy smugglers, fishnet tights have all been considered, but yes boring old shorts for me tomorrow

By heck, that was a hot one. Tussock face is probably still sitting in a beck.

Jeez, the stream-sitting option was seriously tempting. It was the humidity as much as the heat. When the sweat was dripping off my nose within the first 10 minutes, I knew it was going to be an uncomfortable day on the fells. I walked much more than I'd planned and took about an hour longer. Even so I felt trashed. I didn't even make it to the pie and peas at the end. I felt so cheated I had to get a pie and stage my own re-enactment this lunchtime. It took till then to recover. MattPo, I hope you got on better than I did.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Jeez, the stream-sitting option was seriously tempting. It was the humidity as much as the heat. When the sweat was dripping off my nose within the first 10 minutes, I knew it was going to be an uncomfortable day on the fells. I walked much more than I'd planned and took about an hour longer. Even so I felt trashed. I didn't even make it to the pie and peas at the end. I felt so cheated I had to get a pie and stage my own re-enactment this lunchtime. It took till then to recover. MattPo, I hope you got on better than I did.
    Not much better. I was hoping for under 5 hrs, but took 5 1/2. Not many steams to sit in. I used the one before Cray. I also was so shellshocked that I missed the food, but the butchers in the new Threshfield Garage had some excellent pies, though dissapointingly no Ginger beer.
    Good to meet you, at the start - that was the venerable Dave Tait I was with.