Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour 2019 predictions?

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Another cracking stage today.
    Pinot was fantastic again and having clawed back nearly all the time he lost in the crosswind debacle, I really do now fancy him for the win.

I predict Alaphilippe will blow up big time on Thursday. You read it here first! 😁

Correction to previous post. With time bonuses, Pinot has now gained 1.41 back on G and lost 1.40 in the crosswind stage.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    The one thing I don't get is the abuse thrown at Thomas from the crowd on the Tourmalet during yesterday's stage.

The French press have long espised the success of Sky/Ineos and accused them of being "dopeurs". Whether there is truth in that who knows but a Frenchman who puts in an incredible TT when he has no precedent for doing so, is hailed a hero and saviour of French cycling. I'm not accusing JA of anything by the way, but his performance so far has been amazing considering how hard he raced early on in the season.
    I don't know what the stats will say, but I don't think the climbing is quite at the level we have become accustomed to over the years.
    Just a visual observation of course, but there have been few attacks / changes of pace so far and the chasing pack didn't really take much back on Yates yesterday until Yates sat up in the hoarded section.
    It seems odd that Quintana (for example) can't ride near the front saying that, and clearly others such as Bardet are off the pace.
    But they've been going backwards for a few years.

So for Allaphilippe to perform so well in the TT and the Tourmalet doesn't surprise me so much.

In the TT Rohan Dennis had left and other decent TTers were holding back so not many were giving 100%, we know GT hasn't been quite as prepared as he might have been and we also know JA can time trial. He's done well before.

and no one really attacked on the Tourmalet until the last couple of km and he was last years KoM.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Pinot form my have peaked early or the others may be aiming to peak later in the week.
    Remember Yates the other year? Two and a half weeks brilliant and fell away at the last minute.
    I can't believe all of the ineos team are showing there true form.
    Mind games by Sir Dave?

Banned
    Fulgsang out injured was my tip to win.

Adam Yates is not at Simon's level yet but their team has had a good time up to press.

Roll on tomorrow

should be a great few days racing Trev.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post

I predict Alaphilippe will blow up big time on Thursday. You read it here first! 😁
    Don't think so

That was more like a proper bike race, and 2 more big days to come. Gripping stuff from here on.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Banned
    Who's yer worms on Moley?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Don't think so
    Alright. Tomorrow then! 😁