Thread: Piriformis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Piriformis

Here we go again yet another injury just when I reach a decent distance and good energy at races another painful injury.ive rolled it with a golf ball ( made a horrendous bruise ) stretched massaged and rested the damn thing still no better . Can’t afford to miss loads of running mentally,, please help get rid of this affliction 😭

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Great article on this in the last fell runner. I had been mistakenly trying to sort out a ITB/glute problem then realised the error of my ways. A few weeks in and so much better. Even managed a reasonable time on a flatish 10k without too much pain.

Doing the 'clam' worked for me, with a resistance band and weights on the knee. I still do reps before I run, as the memory of that particular discomfort does not go away, my sympathies and all the best for recovery.

Not opened my copy of FR yet, waiting for my hols for that pleasure, looking forward to reading that article.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    There are about half a dozen stretches and strengthening exercises you can do, though it will take some experimentation to see which work for you. I have incorporated 2 stretches and then clam and leg raises into my daily routine and it has made a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    There are about half a dozen stretches and strengthening exercises you can do, though it will take some experimentation to see which work for you. I have incorporated 2 stretches and then clam and leg raises into my daily routine and it has made a big difference.
    Thanks I will try literally anything , bike doesn’t hurt and cross trainer but fast walking and sitting in the car is horrendous, scared to even try a run so waiting to be pain free , being sensible ( unlike me so must be bad ) missing so much already and feeling mentally unstable with no hills to rep 😭haha 😂