Thread: Timing Systems

Timing Systems

Do any RO's use electronic timing systems? As a club we are looking at investing in one. The only system I can recall using in a fell race is the Sportident dibber system which seemed very good to me. Anyone know of any other choices out there?
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

Quote Originally Posted by Quinny View Post
    Do any RO's use electronic timing systems? As a club we are looking at investing in one. The only system I can recall using in a fell race is the Sportident dibber system which seemed very good to me. Anyone know of any other choices out there?
    We (CVFR) bought dibbers and all the necessary kit and licence from Sportident to do electronic timing for our races.
    It is very good. A big financial investment though.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    We (CVFR) bought dibbers and all the necessary kit and licence from Sportident to do electronic timing for our races.
    It is very good. A big financial investment though.
    Thanks Bill. I've a rough idea of how much the initial investment will be so glad to hear it works well. It sounds like the equipment should last a long time so the cost per year seems more reasonable for all the benefits it provides.
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

Quote Originally Posted by Quinny View Post
    The Kinder Downfall race in Hayfield has used the Racetek system for the last two years. This seemed to work quite well. They have a web site here https://www.racetek-live.co.uk/

Cheers, Steve
    Hayfield Fell Races - https://www.t42.org.uk/hayfield/

I’ve never so much as organised a race, but along with the popular SI-entries system, there’s also the above-mentioned Race-Tek, which is used at Peris, and gives good info on the results such as splits etc...

Ambleside I believe used some kind of hi-tech system at Fairfield Horseshoe, where we all had to cross the start mat, and cross an electronic ‘finish line’ with some kind of chip on our shoes....