Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technical T Shirt odour

I just tend to apologise to folk if they’re not runners and I stop to chat with my kit on, amazingly I don’t reckon that I smelt the same when I raced bikes, the wind must blow the scent off, I have followed the occasional polecat in a peloton but not too often, I did once have the delight of being head down in a line out into the wind, we were proper hugging the kerb when I thought it had started to rain, but no it was the fella in front, peeing through his shorts without moving out of the line, lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    I just tend to apologise to folk if they’re not runners and I stop to chat with my kit on, amazingly I don’t reckon that I smelt the same when I raced bikes, the wind must blow the scent off, I have followed the occasional polecat in a peloton but not too often, I did once have the delight of being head down in a line out into the wind, we were proper hugging the kerb when I thought it had started to rain, but no it was the fella in front, peeing through his shorts without moving out of the line, lovely
    You seem to have numerous salty experiences DTR! Any more you can share?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    You seem to have numerous salty experiences DTR! Any more you can share?
    Ironically LB my Great Grandfather was a midlands saltboiler so it’s in the blood

Nikwax base layer wash with an eco version of Nappysan seems to get rid of the pong for me.

Make sure you're washing them right - non-bio, and no fabric softener. Don't leave them lying around damp - dry after use even if you're not washing them straight away. If the smell has taken hold, try Dettol antibacterial wash.
    As for the honey smell, I have no idea!

I'm just discovering how bad these 'technical' shirts are, or at least mine. I've always run in old cotton t-shirts and nver had a problem with smell, even if not washed for a few runs. I've recently started wearing a techincal one (admittedly a freebie so maybe not top quality). It stinks to high heaven after just one short run! Back to the old cotton maybe.