Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Four Fans

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Nice one, Pete. A race I will do one day but sadly my left hamstring has decided otherwise this year.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Yes, well done Travs, but it's sad that a race on such a great route is getting so few takers - and even sadder that they have had to cancel Arenig Fawr next week (just when I was starting to think that I might actually have regained enough fitness to take on something like that). If Four Fans or Arenig Fawr were in the Lake District, the RO's might well be worrying about whether they should limit numbers. [Kentmere this weekend has 357 entries, although Buttermere Sailbeck only has 72, with "Limited EOD".]

I have to plead guilty to being one of those people who leaves entering a race to the last minute (something that several RO's have been mentioning as a problem on the fell runners' facebook page). My excuse is that I can only ever race in the gaps between injuries.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Another fell race in south Wales only got 6 runners today.

Admittedly it was a brand new race.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Another fell race in south Wales only got 6 runners today.

Admittedly it was a brand new race.
    I had actually contemplated going to Y Domen Fawr; it's just possible to get there and back by train from Loughborough within the day. I decided that it wasn't a good enough race (mainly in terms of the amount of climbing) to warrant such a long journey. And a good job too; as it turned out, I got home at 1.40am last night after collecting my son from a delayed flight at Heathrow.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

It's tough being an RO if only a few folks turn out. As in the TV prog think location, location, location. The low key ridge above the post industrial locales of Ebbw vale and tredegar perhaps does not sell itself very well?