Thread: Kentmere horseshoe

Kentmere horseshoe

Entries will be closing soon for this classic, hope to see plenty of old faces there Britt

I've studied the map but does anyone know of any water sources in or very close to the race route? Thanks.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Most of it, looking at the weather forecast! 😁

Seriously, I think the only water I can remember is Gladgrove Gill on Thornthwaite crag.

Also a spring on the last descent, but if you need more water then its a bit too late for the race.
    A circular route mostly downhill

Thanks guys.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    That was tough one. Well, for me anyway. Had a personal worst by 7 minutes largely due to the hot and humid weather which I really struggled with. Still, at least it was far better than wet and cloudy weather predicted on Saturday. Enjoyed it nonetheless, an excellently organised race with great marshals in a beautiful part of the Lakes. Only downside to the swy other thanmmy time, was the monsoon that hit the M6 on the way home. Terrible driving conditions all the way from Preston to Cannock.

My first time doing this race. Loved it. Great route with some amazing views. Thanks to the marshals/organisers. The refreshments afterwards were tremendous. Weather was better than expected. Bit of a tumble coming off High Street but managed to do fireman's roll and end up back on my feet )