Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Groovy kinder love

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    263

    Groovy kinder love

    Hi is there a route description available anywhere? On line map?

  2. #2
    Master DrPatrickBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marple, Manchester
    Posts
    2,850
    http://www.t42.org.uk/hayfield/groovy.html

    I read somewhere that Noel has had trouble with permissions for this year so it may have to take a year off.

    And a slightly dodgy strava plot. I visited all the checkpoints OK.

    https://www.strava.com/activities/1425932929

  3. #3
    Master GeoffB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Mills - but usually on Kinder
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    http://www.t42.org.uk/hayfield/groovy.html

    I read somewhere that Noel has had trouble with permissions for this year so it may have to take a year off.

    And a slightly dodgy strava plot. I visited all the checkpoints OK.

    https://www.strava.com/activities/1425932929
    Yes, I'm afraid another Peak District race bites the dust. Noel is determined to get permissions sorted out so that next year's race will go ahead.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Over Haddon
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Yes, I'm afraid another Peak District race bites the dust. Noel is determined to get permissions sorted out so that next year's race will go ahead.
    There is a bit of a theme going on here with "permissions" and it seems to me that there is an anti fell running bias going on within the Quangos. Tonight's Salt Cellar has had a last minute route change which appears to keep the route on bridleways and nowhere near the Salt Cellar. The best bits are removed so I might not bother.
    What I would like to know is whether the general public are allowed on the footpaths/open access land that permission is denied to for Fell Races. If so then I think we should be sticking two fingers up to these quangos and race on any public footpath/open access land that is open to any other user.

    After all, we are also members of the public.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

  5. #5
    Master DrPatrickBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marple, Manchester
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    What I would like to know is whether the general public are allowed on the footpaths/open access land that permission is denied to for Fell Races.
    The answer to that is YES, because it is open-access land.
    The problem is that the the rules in regard to open-access do not extend to organised events.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •