Thread: Hello, New member

Hello, New member

Hi,

I'm living in Sweden and just registered at this forum and just want to say hello. I have never raced in UK but been running in Scotland this summer and going to Wales next week (Aug 7-9). Hopefully I will be able to attend some races in the future though and see this trip as a warm-up .

Next week I will stay in Merthyr Tydfil and plan to go to Fan y Big (of course) plus other summits in the area, if someone like to join for a run or a hike then please feel free to send me a PM.

Kind regards
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_68 View Post
    Hi,

I'm living in Sweden and just registered at this forum and just want to say hello. I have never raced in UK but been running in Scotland this summer and going to Wales next week (Aug 7-9). Hopefully I will be able to attend some races in the future though and see this trip as a warm-up .

Next week I will stay in Merthyr Tydfil and plan to go to Fan y Big (of course) plus other summits in the area, if someone like to join for a run or a hike then please feel free to send me a PM.

Kind regards
    Christopher
    Welcome Chris.

I just wondered what heinous crime you have committed to find yourself staying in Merthyr Tydfil!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Hello Chris

I think you might mean Pen y Fan, which is the highest mountain in the range, rather than Fan y Big. They're quite close together and linked by some nice running. That area can be quite crowded, especially in the summer. If you head west towards Fan Brycheiniog, there's some great running along that ridge, and also in the Black Mountains to the east, which tend to be quieter.

Hope you enjoy the hills!
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Hi thank you both.

Thanks for the heads up of crowded trails. The plan is Pen y Fan and Fan y Big. I will have a look at Fan Brycheiniog as well and how to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Welcome Chris.

I just wondered what heinous crime you have committed to find yourself staying in Merthyr Tydfil!
    Haha, well nothing too bad I hope, picked it due to easy access by train but now I have a rental anyway. Next time I will do more research..

/Chris

if you look here, there are details of parking (at Tafarn y Garreg, on the opposite side of the road:
    https://sites.google.com/site/welshf...an-brycheiniog
    you can go along the ridge all the way to Waun Lefrith, for fantastic views and good ridge running.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help! That route definitely looks interesting, now I can practice for the race in November!

/Chris

Hello everyone, I'm new here, but I want to ask. How has quarantine affected you?