Thread: Hello from Hebden Bridge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Hello from Hebden Bridge

Hey everyone,

I am just getting back into running, I used to do quite a lot when I was younger, but never any races or anything like that, it was always just for me or as part of a group activity just for fun.

I am taking things really slow and steady and working my way through the Asics RunKeeper Couch to 5K with Erin - she's great and always seems to know the right time to catch me when I am flagging a bit. It's a little uncanny to be honest

Anyway, I am being encouraged by Erin to go for a race. So, while I am not interested in the actual 'race' part of it, by that I mean competing - I love the running, but I will probably come last I am interested in the camaraderie / mutual support side of it and have picked Beefys Nab on the 15th of September as my first race. I guess I may end up walking bits of it, but I am okay with that.

Is anyone here doing that race? I am sure I will meet some folk on the day but it would be good to make some kind of contact beforehand. Perhaps someone else who is just starting out, so we can encourage each other a bit.

Thank you
    Last edited by DangerMouse; 05-08-2019 at 09:16 PM.