Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who likes 'bad' weather?

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Just did the Hob Hurst Fell Race this evening. Rainy,Windy, Muddy. Fantastic!
    Yet another M60 win, Llani Boy. Helps to keep your booze cabinet stocked up?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I had a similar experience on the Pembrokeshire Coast Path yesterday: ran out to meet the family and got there before them missing the rain. Then the rain started and I mentioned to my wife that I could go out again whilst she mooches around shops with 3 kids in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Yet another M60 win, Llani Boy. Helps to keep your booze cabinet stocked up?
    It doesn't last that long. What pleased me more was 2nd M50!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I had a very odd experience a fortnight ago. Stayed in lingy hutbon Skiddaw with a friend. By morning it was wet and blustery, I had to really work to convince him to bag blencathra on the way back to the car. He was worried about the weather (it was wet and blowing at 20mph so not severe). What made it odd was the friend is off to do a 7000m peak next month but dislikes a bit of Lakes weather..,

Wow, loads of great replies!

And a very good reminder of what can go wrong, definitely pays to be respectful of the weather.

I remember leading mountain walks at my university club many years ago and meeting people from all over the world, some of whom thought that because the British mountains were 'so small' that there couldn't possibly be any problem... We had a little chat

One of the most memorable dramatic changes was up on the tops in Scotland - it was a beautiful clear day, we had set out early, 10 mile walk in, then up! Sat on the tops eating our lunch and we spotted a very thin dark band on the horizon... "What is that?"

Over the next few minutes the dark band got bigger and bigger... alarmingly so! And within 10 minutes we were down to a few yards visibility, horizontal hail, winds so strong they were almost blowing us over, and a temperature drop I have never experienced before or since. It was so cold I could feel my eyeballs starting to freeze, my beard was encrusted with ice and well... we had no choice but to cut the walk short and head back down to live another day!

Sometimes the weather can be so bad that a little disappointment is inevitable, but that's okay and it was still beautiful and awe inspiring. Unforgettable.

Good times!!

Two of my favourite topics brought together in this very silly video - synthesisers and weather:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ5mMNq6d90

That's some pretty bad ass weather right there

p.s. beck to reality I am actually really enjoying all this sunshine we're having!

Hooray - the rain is back!!

After all that sunshine it's great to have some puddles again

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Not so great for cycling but I'm not complaining. Thankfully have a drying room at work. Conkers and acorns are the real enemy at the moment! 😁

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Not so great for cycling but I'm not complaining. Thankfully have a drying room at work. Conkers and acorns are the real enemy at the moment! ��
    Just watched the UCI the world championships, under 23s time trial and the rain didn`t seem to faze those guys to much not even the ones that came off in the standing water, an excellent show of grit, skill and determination from upcoming talent.

For my part weather just adds another dimension to what I enjoy doing outside after all skin is waterprooof
    The older I get the Faster I was

Drying room at work is very civilised - you'll be telling me you have bike storage that is actually secure next

I love the sunshine too, we need both, so makes sense to love them both right?