Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shoes Shoes Shoes

The 'fell running' page on the Walsh site has a video - it's very nicely done:

https://www.normanwalshuk.com/fell-running

To answer the OP, my personal preference is to wear my road shoes on most hard packed paths & use fell shoes when it’s rough, muddy etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Eee lads, lads! Life used to me so much simpler. There was only one choice to Make. Walsh PB trainers or PB Racers. Trainers for , well, training or longer runs when more cushioning was needed and racers for, well, racing! All these johnny-come-lately brands have just muddied the waters! Take a look at race times from 30 years ago and now. Have speeds gone up because of newer 'better' shoes. Have they heck! KISS!
    Eee wise words Mr Wheeze. Im thinking of getting some Walshes but am rather heavy - is there much difference between the Trainer PB and the and the Ultra in cushioning? Although I realise there's not much in either. I seem to remember having a pair in the past but had problems with my heels popping out, although I don't think I laced them up right using the double lace hole lock thingy. They are about half the price of Inov8/Salomons.
    Will Meredith - Pennine

[QUOTE=Daletownrunner;654172]It appears to be the same for all sports now, marketing hype to sell the best(I.e. most expensive) kit, I was reading a Cycling Weekly review on a Carbon fibre Holdsworth bike at the weekend, it was a really nice bike, far superior to anything I raced on in the early 90’s, the reviewer rated it but said it wasn’t good enough to race on which was absolute rubbish, it seems that now unless is over £5K in cycling it’s just fit for Sportives, nice things are nice, ie Graphene shoes, Pinarello Dogma’s etc etc but not essential, I do recall from my racing days that quiet often the guy on an old bike, with old kit was the fella to watch as he was the person putting the miles in.
    Essentially what anyone can do in an all singing all dancing super modern running shoe, they can do in a Walsh it’s all down to hard work

You bye pair o top o range all dancing and singing fell shoes put em on but they,ll not make you run any faster

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Eee wise words Mr Wheeze. Im thinking of getting some Walshes but am rather heavy - is there much difference between the Trainer PB and the and the Ultra in cushioning? Although I realise there's not much in either. I seem to remember having a pair in the past but had problems with my heels popping out, although I don't think I laced them up right using the double lace hole lock thingy. They are about half the price of Inov8/Salomons.
    No difference in cushioning between PB trainer, Ultra & Extreme versions. All pretty rigid soles, with upturned toe. PB Racer has next to no midsole & is the only Walsh with any difference in cushioning.

On sizing, I go half-full size up from Inov8 in a Walsh (half for racing; full for everything else & thicker winter socks). I find my heel stays in place when I use the top offset eyelets. I just lace mine normally, passing last part of laces through the label on tongue to hold it in place.