Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Faroese Mountain Marathon

I’ve not done anything about this yet. Coincided with quite a lot going on away from running and in the family... need to get my arse in gear...!

In a moment of clarity I decided that £200 for a race is an utter rip-off! However still hoping to put together a similar trip, but without constraining myself to the week of the race.

Master
    Wow, that's over twice as much as when we did it last year!

That's admittedly for the ultra... although the 10km race is still £140....!

I was sure when I looked a couple of months ago that prices weren't that high, I guess they hadn't updated prices from last year.... they must be confident of shifting the tickets... I can afford it (in the scheme of things it makes up a relatively small proportion of the total cost of a trip over there), but not paying it...

Master
    We did the ultra in 2018, it was £95 per person

It is expensive. Tjink I paid about 150 for the 42K. I paid about 85 for the Ring of Steall. I swore Id never pay anything like that again but.... I reckon the whole week will cost about 1k including flights, accommodation, race etc. Thats not bad to go somewhere like there. I saved on the travel and accommodation. It looks like there's other stuff going on too so it should be a good week. I'll stock up on Supernoodles.