Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Super Moderator
    DM you’ve been a breath of fresh air recently with your enthusiastic posts. You’re very welcome here

Def. seconded

Enjoy your week off!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    DM you’ve been a breath of fresh air recently with your enthusiastic posts. You’re very welcome here

Crikey DM I agree, hang around, your posts are great, and as others have said, ignore the political rantings

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    I'll second that. We need more reasonable people here, don't get scared off by the swivel-eyed loons!!
    Typical remainers view. Anyone who does not agree with them is not reasonable. I'll ignore the other insult, which must be an error, as we are constantly informed by remainers on here that they do not partake in such behaviour.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Gone for it, bought a copy of the Megalithic European, just need to finish the Modern Antiquarian now

And in a vaguely what are you reading vein, I’ve just put up three bookshelves of the ‘floating’ variety, used an alcove and finished/ stuck the edges with sealant, all now loaded up, I keep checking to make sure they haven’t fallen down

I’m reading, Who Owns England by Guy Shrubsole. Very interesting.

Anyone else reading it?

some good recommendations on here - just ordered Who Owns England.

Have a number of books on the go at the moment - but I tend to flit between books and take ages to finish one. Reading is becoming a bit of lost art, must be something to do with loss of attention span, and I resent that I read far less than I used to - too many less fulfilling things get in the way, not least social media and work.

Must make a conscious effort to do more.

The Runner by Markus Torgeby. A beautiful book.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    I'm not generally a fan of running books either - they often tend to be a bit dull. But I think "Feet in the Clouds" by Richard Askwith is an exception to the rule. I found it truly inspirational at the time and was a major factor in getting me into fell running. A few years later however I read "Running Free" by the same author and that was a big disappointment.

Generally I love historical fiction - C J Sansom, Robert Harris, Ken Follett etc.
    Fully agree on your assessment of the Askwith books - the first inspirational and read with enthusiasm by everyone in the household, even non runners - and got me interested in fell running; the second, he seemed to be scraping around the edges of his running experience to get enough material to justify a book - very dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Fully agree on your assessment of the Askwith books - the first inspirational and read with enthusiasm by everyone in the household, even non runners - and got me interested in fell running; the second, he seemed to be scraping around the edges of his running experience to get enough material to justify a book - very dull.
    Ah. That difficult second album.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".