Thread: FellRunningGuide: Navigation Tasks

FellRunningGuide: Navigation Tasks

These little navigation challenges were highlighted in TheOMM news email, I'd not seen them before, they are really good fun and a nice refresher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4liuLLsis

Maybe they have been posted before, but i couldn't find them

Anyone know of any other similar challenges/training? Would be great if there was something like this that was a bit more interactive, not needed, but I kinda wanted to be able to commit my answer before the reveal.

If it was gamified somehow, leaderboards on how quickly the problem was solved perhaps? and there were hundreds of these it would make for a great learning experience.

Had a go at these a while back.... got the “on the map” ones just about spot on.... didn’t fare quite as well on the photo ones for some reason though...

I've done about half of them, they are really good!

I have got every one right so far, the photo ones are a little weird, I instantly know the right answer, but then it takes me a little while to work out exactly why. I can't explain this almost intuitive response. I guess it's just years of experience hidden away in the depths of my memory somewhere?

I spoke too soon, #8 past the obvious left -> right view point had me looking pretty hard!! There's a lot going on there!

It also made me pine for the scramble up Tryfan, what an amazing place!!

These are great. I’ve never really been taught nav (just worked on common sense and experience), and these tasks explain why I have a tendency to get lost!