Thread: Tor Des Geants

Tor Des Geants

So I have entered previously and my odds are getting better each year of actually getting in. Couple of things I don’t know a) is the race marked all the way round and basically you don’t need to worry about navigating b) what do people do re accommodation before and after? Do you have to pay for a whole week even though you are running?

did it this summer, and was lucky to get in on first time of asking. It is flagged but in some places better than others. Cows eat and trample some and in others it just seemed a bit thin in one place and great in most. They say GPS on kit list and I purchased one but it never left my bag. We were in a motorhome and so parked/ camped for free on the sports centre car park. Most ion hotels seemed to do a deal where they estimated when they would be back and had a room' ready'. There are some local campsites and a good bus service.

Thanks Karen how did you find the race?

Sorry only just seen this. Found the race amazing. Learned lots. Would do it again. Had a great time- well marked etc. Good CPs (although I had eaten my fill of watery soup and plaiin pasta by the end) Report on my blog if you are really interested.https://karen-ultras.blogspot.com/20...eants-tor.html
    Would be easier with some support.

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    Would be easier with some support.
    Easier? You mean marginally less unimaginably difficult?

Great report Karen. Made my lunch break pass to quickly. You and your husband know how to have fun!

Karen thanks for sharing great read. In it you mention the you tube video- do you have a link to it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OraJFImEoJE I think this is the video link but there are many others too, including official ones by the ROs.

Ben- Just dealing with the basics once you are sleep deprived and brain dead. Rules mean you can only use support at the Life Bases but having somebody to meet you there and do things like fetch food, top up bottles, recharge torch and phone, make sure you have replenished snacks etc. Make sure you don't faff for too long... and a smile would make it easier. Can't be that hard- I have done it.