Thread: Fundraising event aid of Bolton MRT

Fundraising event aid of Bolton MRT

Apologies for being slightly off topic but in my role as the current Mayor of Horwich, I am holding a coffee and cake event this coming Thursday afternoon, so if, like me, you are no longer fully employed (semi-retired of fully retired) or on holiday this week, you may wish to come along as one of my three mayoral charities is Bolton Mountain Rescue Team.
    Luckily in my 30 years of running on the fells around Horwich (alas due to injury not this year!), I have never had need to call on them, but I am sure we all know a fellow fellrunner who has benefitted from a MRT.
    See flyer for more details.
    Many thanks
    Gordon Stone
    coffeeandcake2.jpg

A good cause Gordon and good luck to it. They do a great job and I wasn't aware of just what is expected of them until recently when I had a chat with them.

I was coming over the top from Belmont to Rivington on my road bike and approaching the tea rooms at the bottom. A cyclist had run in to the back of a car and was a bit bashed up.

MRT were in attendance. I hadn't realised that in certain areas, they are the first responders even on the road and in that area, they get called out rather than the ambulance service.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

One big reason why I have chosen them is because of the extraordinary effort they had put in during the summer of 2018 on Winter Hill.