Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Lantern Pike Fell Race

Re: Lantern Pike Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by lilactime View Post
    what about the long standing womens record set by c haigh in 1984 ? as anyone come close to this ? and what is the second best time ? ( that should make the thread run )
    1993 Kath Drake 36.27

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~temples/hc/lp_back.pdf

Master and MR

i ran the course with the pennine gang on thursday night and wondered if andy would be running the race
    im not one for comparing and getting into how fast this runner was and how fast such and such is.
    andy , brilliant run mate, back at work this morning hard at it, now thats dedication.

Results are now available, courtesy of Jim Trueman - URL below...
    Hayfield Fell Races - https://www.t42.org.uk/hayfield/

Try here

Oh dear, another PW.

Another brilliant day out at the Country Show.

A cracking run by Andi (especially considering your lack of preparation), but I've got to agree with Luv Shack - it was the juniors that stole the show for me. I helped out as a marshall for the Under 8s, Under 10s and Under 16s and to see so many youngsters giving everything was fantastic. Mel had organised some superb courses for them - proper miniature fell races. (Except the Under 16s - their course was undoubtedly worthy of a senior race - really tough!)

Not forgetting the Under 18s, of course, thankfully only 2 of whom managed to beat me! That Tom Addison is quick, though, isn't he Chris?

Well done to Jim Trueman for such smooth organisation in his first year of organising the race - and for supplying fresh vegetables for the prizes.

And well done to Richard for supplying the horse manure that helped Jim's fresh vegetables to grow so nicely!

By the way, Steve, the link at the top of your page goes to the Lantern Pike Dash results, but the one lower down is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Try here
    Thanks Swoop - the main site now points to Lantern Pike 2007 (not LP Dash 2005!)

--Steve

Quote Originally Posted by macc ladd View Post
    Oh dear, another PW.
    You did get your excuse in beforehand!
    Quote Originally Posted by macc ladd View Post
    Shouldn't be really doing it because my knees are a bit dodgy at the moment.
    I was well satisfied with my run, only 13 sec off a PB.
    I think Snowdon helped me as I flew down the tarmac towards the end.

FellMonster

obviously a fab run by andi to beat simon by that margin over a short race. The interesting thing, in Simon's defence, is obviously that the more time you spend doing medium and long 'A'class fell races especially the longer harder ones in the lakes, it is bound to eventually take its toll on your fast twitch muscles and your speed. I imagine that while Simon is most likely stronger, he is equally most likely that little bit slower than the 2000 - 2004 period (I know we should tell that to everyone else he still gives a thrashing)
    Still to be beaten by 80 seconds over such a short race says something of Andi's run. superb.

Carol Haigh/Greenwood in her sort of race was phenomenal (and weighing 7 st 3 lb at 5' 3" didn't hurt). It is around 8 years since she last ran seriously on the fells but she still holds dozens of race records:

http://www.borrowdalefellrunners.co....rds_female.htm

And on the "pure speed helps" theme, Carol was a junior Track International and in 1985 ran 3000m in 9.07 "without any real track training".