Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parking sensors

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    I have a Mazda 6. It has a rear view camera and beeps as you near a solid object. The closer you get the more urgent is the beeping. When you are very close the car emits a continuous beep so at that point you stop.
    I would imagine mine also ends up being continuous when it’s super close to something but I’ve always been too scared to try it so end up pulling up too far away from anything, I also have Audi pre-sense, a camera I believe rather than sonar or whatever else they use, now that was new underpants time the first time the car saw something and it kicked, Full anchors on!!! I thought I’d been rear ended by something

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    I have a Mazda 6. It has a rear view camera and beeps as you near a solid object. The closer you get the more urgent is the beeping. When you are very close the car emits a continuous beep so at that point you stop.
    That works in theory. But as Mrs Noel demonstrated, after a while you realise that continuous beeping means you are still about 15cm away, so you can estimate how much further you can go. In the end it reverted back to the old technique of seeing how close you were by slowly edging closer to it until you feel the bump.

Just seen a guy in a posh Merc at the retail park. Sensors and camera and all the whistles; no match for the bollard!
    There’s truth in the phrase ‘common sense isn’t that common’