Thread: Trigger 2020

Trigger 2020

I see that the Crowden CP is now to the West of the reservoir, meaning that you cross the reservoir at the other end to normal. Normally would go up Lawrence Edge (I think that is what it's called) on to Bleaklow, but do people think it might be better now to get up Wild Boar Clough instead (or even the Pennine Way)? If so, any suggestions on best route?!
    Determined this year not to get lost on Bleaklow....

My opinion (for what it’s worth) would be the Pennine Way.... my usual route has always been Lawrence Edge, then a bearing to intercept the PW before Bleaklow summit... so getting on the PW early would seem sensible to me.

Although take my thoughts with a pinch of salt.... last year I got lost between Bleaklow and Higher Shelf, and ended up jacking it in at Snake Pass as I’d got so cold dithering around trying to find Higher Shelf... no way was I going up onto Kinder being as cold as I was...

My other gem of advice has always been to know exactly what you’re going to do at Kinder Low trig... people really do shoot off in all directions and if you don’t have a solid plan then it can be confusing... I’ve always made up places from here to the end...

N.B I’m not doing it this year though...!

I'm doing this race this year. I'm quickly starting to think i may regret this haha

I'm sure you won't regret it... it's a fantastic race. But due to the remoteness and time of year, it is a challenge that far outweighs the simple stats for the race...

I'll leave you to decide what you think, but I reckon it's up there with the Wasdale's and Ennerdale's in terms of toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I'm sure you won't regret it... it's a fantastic race. But due to the remoteness and time of year, it is a challenge that far outweighs the simple stats for the race...

I'll leave you to decide what you think, but I reckon it's up there with the Wasdale's and Ennerdale's in terms of toughness.
    Now you're just fuelling the fear haha.

should be a good adventure though, which is how I'm viewing it. I don't think i'll go in with much intention of 'racing it', but just a good long run to springboard into 2020.

Master
    I went via the PW last year, it's slightly farther than the usual route but easier going. Navigation is IMO a bit harder too but I know others disagree so it;s probably much the same.

Was determined to do it again in 2020 as this year it became the only race I've DNFed (due to taking a wrong turn a few hundred metres short of Snake Pass and getting timed out). But I'd already booked another event by the time the date was announced, so the rematch will have to wait...