Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crete

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Booked now.
    Flying to Chania early morning.
    3 days Chania - about 2 miles East and 1/2 mile from coast.

3 days in Triopetra - which is on the South but a little bit East of the recommendation from you Travs as we are flying back from Heraklion (it was about half the price of the same day flight from Chania and a late flight, so allows us a full final day in Crete.

will have one day in Heraklion before flying home.

Looking forward to it.

Nice... it looks equally stunning at Triopetra!

I assume you are staying at the base of that peninsula of land east of Chania, on which the Airport is located. It's quite an interesting little area, there's the war cemetery which you can see from high above on the road, and at least one fantastic little beach resort on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Nice... it looks equally stunning at Triopetra!

I assume you are staying at the base of that peninsula of land east of Chania, on which the Airport is located. It's quite an interesting little area, there's the war cemetery which you can see from high above on the road, and at least one fantastic little beach resort on there.
    Kounoupidhianá is the area just outside Chania where we are staying and yes it's at the base of the peninsula. There looks to be some interesting walks up and around the North side to Stavros and beyond where the coastal hills get up around 1500ft.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Kounoupidhianá is the area just outside Chania where we are staying and yes it's at the base of the peninsula. There looks to be some interesting walks up and around the North side to Stavros and beyond where the coastal hills get up around 1500ft.
    Ha I know it well, I think there's a BP station there, where I used to fill up the moped on the way back from the peninsula... and I think Stavros is the rather lovely beach I was trying to recall...!