Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: life without television

The BBC is in danger of a) getting killed off for lack of licence payers or b) producing commercial crap to attract subscription of some kind.

Interesting of how it doesn't work in Germany, the BBC licence fee was almost a tax when almost everyone had a TV and the quality was certainly there, at least is parts.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

No TV for me for 18 years; couldn’t afford a licence when I just moved to start my first teaching job, then got used to living without it!
    3 children are in the house now and they watch the odd thing in iplayer on the iPad or laptop, but have varied interests and read probably too much (!?). We do have a licence, which is helpful when decent live action is on, but no real need for one.
    This time of year it means the children are not bombarded by adverts!

This subject came up a few years back under 'Spawn of the Devil'. Second best reply was: 'After you've flicked thru 50 channels and think they're all rubbish, don't flick thru again. They are'. First was 'Doh, though this thread was about Marmite'!
    Measure the whole Surface of the Earth with our own feet. Don Quixote

Banned
    Need a lovely lady to do without a TV.
    Much better now than before.

BBC Scotland and BBC Alba (the latter often with subtitles for us in the deep South of Scotland, ie Cumbria). Much more outdoor/wildlife/activity focussed.
    Last edited by Mark G; 11-12-2019 at 10:41 AM.