Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Life of Brian

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Give it a rest you twat
    Totally inappropriate remark.

Where are the moderators???

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    I didn’t defend either viewpoint. For or against what you can take the p!ss out of.
    I attacked the hypocrisy that allows a distinction to be made.
    Well, do you want to have the full argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Totally inappropriate remark.

Where are the moderators???
    Sadly it’s the best corbynistas can do.
    More to be pitied than blamed.

Not sure if they do share a grey cell.
    But if they do, it’s only one.
    And They had to lend that to Diane Abbott.

This forum is ridiculous, does every thread have to be politicised it’s getting boring...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    Well, do you want to have the full argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?
    In Diane Abbott’s immortal words I think you “ misspoke” ( Or in her case is a wheel missing a spoke)
    I think you meant is it a five minute argument or the full half hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Haven't seen it for over 30 years. But it popped up on Netflix and looked a perfect antidote to all the American pap peddled there. Good heavens it's a work of genius becoming more powerful with the passage of time. Watch it. It's so apt for our current times and reminds us that nothing is new. Its also hysterically funny at times.
    I once watched it with my girls 3 times in a week (both late teens at the time)we laughed, it is an incredibly funny film, like all Python it has it lame parts but all in all a great watch, all my girls took away from it is ‘it’s a funny film’ nothing more, that’s as it should be.
    I do think that The Holy Grail could have been the better film had it been made later, far too many lame parts although Roger the shrubber is genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    In Diane Abbott’s immortal words I think you “ misspoke” ( Or in her case is a wheel missing a spoke)
    I think you meant is it a five minute argument or the full half hour?
    No I didn’t

Banned
    We should interrupt this thread with an apology:

WE WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE WAY IN WHICH POLITICIANS ARE REPRESENTED IN THIS PROGRAMME. IT WAS NEVER OUR INTENTION TO IMPLY THAT POLITICIANS ARE WEAK-KNEED, POLITICAL TIME-SERVERS WHO ARE CONCERNED MORE WITH THEIR PERSONAL VENDETTAS AND PRIVATE POWER STRUGGLES THAN THE PROBLEMS OF GOVERNMENT, NOR TO SUGGEST AT ANY POINT THAT THEY SACRIFICE THEIR CREDIBILITY BY DENYING FREE DEBATE ON VITAL MATTERS IN THE MISTAKEN IMPRESSION THAT PARTY UNITY COMES BEFORE THE WELL-BEING OF THE PEOPLE THEY SUPPOSEDLY REPRESENT NOR TO IMPLY AT ANY STAGE THAT THEY ARE SQUABBLING LITTLE TOADIES WITHOUT AN OUNCE OF CONCERN FOR THE VITAL SOCIAL PROBLEMS OF TODAY. NOR INDEED DO WE INTEND THAT VIEWERS SHOULD CONSIDER THEM AS CRABBY ULCEROUS LITTLE SELF-SEEKING VERMIN WITH FURRY LEGS AND AN EXCESSIVE ADDICTION TO ALCOHOL AND CERTAIN EXPLICIT SEXUAL PRACTICES WHICH SOME PEOPLE MIGHT FIND OFFENSIVE. WE ARE SORRY IF THIS IMPRESSION HAS COME ACROSS.

Whatever your political viewpoint, it’s a bit sad when certain people only log in to talk about politics.... are there no political forums you could all bugger off to?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    No I didn’t
    That’s not an argument,that’s contradiction.