Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go faster shoes?

Master
    It sounds like all the same benefits that were to be had by Barefoot running a few years ago
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Fascinating. Thanks, that’s the sort of feedback I’m after.

Just been looking at them on the web: they also mention spring.

Being a tight git, I might try sg 3 rather than sg 4! Is there a difference?
    I’ve only had the 3 so not too sure, I’d go for the 3 if they’re cheaper they last for ever, I’ve also got the Torrent, a lovely shoe but not much cushioning, I did find that the Hokas gave me tired legs until I was used to them, I’ve heard the same from a few people.

I had the Speedgoat 3, and they are so cushioned that’s i’d happily knock out a 20+ mile road run in them.... they are even more cushioned than the heavily-cushioned Hoka Road shoes...

Although I have gone back to Scott for now, for trail (and fell) shoes due to sheer build quality and comfort...

I reckon they’re more comfortable than the road shoes, I find the footbed on the SG and the Torrent flatter, I’ve found the road shoes tend to squash my sole and make it sore at the outer edges, it could just be a sizing issue and I perhaps need a half size up for the road

Funnily enough I found the opposite re sizing on the Hokas... having to go up half a size for the trail shoes... I guess it's as much a foot-shape issue as size...

The Speedgoats are certainly incredibly comfortable...

Although I'm a bit of a convert to Scott at the moment... the RC Ultra are fantastic and I used them all summer as pure fell shoes (despite them being marketed as long-distance trail/mountain shoes, the grip was excellent), and now use them on the road... got the Supertrac RC for the fells now and they are again very comfortable, jury is still out regarding grip (the grip appears good but next time I may well go back to the VJ Irocks for the fells, which seem to be pretty much perfect).
    Last edited by Travs; 20-12-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Agree more training having said that I’ve been told I’m getting some inov 8 graphene mudclaws for Christmas😊

I've switched the Hokas now too. Torrent and Challenger ATR. Love them. Was always put off by the max cushioning and loss of hround feel but my legs have never felt better. Tje Torrents are nearly ss grippy as any other fell shoe Ive used but far more comfortable. Tne Challengers are just a great all round shoe. I'm a convert now.

Just seems unethical and people are posting ridiculous times with these shoes.The feedback from the lads at my road club Morpeth they UNQUESTIONABLY make a massive difference .If anything they put me off road racing and more onto the hills and trails so happy days.