Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spine 2020

The front end of the race entering the endgame... looking like a shootout between the front two... unless Eoin can perform miracles today.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    The front end of the race entering the endgame... looking like a shootout between the front two... unless Eoin can perform miracles today.
    JK looks to be moving just a week bit quicker. Gap now 3 miles and was just over 2 when JC left Greenhead. Exciting stuff, and probably a late night!
    Geoff Clarke

Jayson Cavill now retired. With JK having already left Byrness, and Eoin still at Bellingham, looks to be all over...

Sabrina Verjee 5th overall!

Absolutely gutted for Jayson. JK seems to be speeding up, if anything!

what is the weather like up there at the northern end of the course?

Glorious running weather here at the coast — chilly-but-not-too-chilly and quite clear skies. Forecast for the tops looks breezy though!

JC was closing the gap to Bellingham but it stretched out from there to Byrness. The injury had some effect I assume, but wonder if not banking any sleep at Bellingham may also have impacted.

I recall racing JC over the 3 peaks twice and both times overhauled him between Whernside and Ingleborough. And now I'm having dangerous spine-related thoughts.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Was that time faster than last year?

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    I recall racing JC over the 3 peaks twice and both times overhauled him between Whernside and Ingleborough. And now I'm having dangerous spine-related thoughts.

I'd take a look at Huw Davies in 6th place, i'd say he is similar to you... similar positions in big fell races, perhaps you slightly ahead. He is possibly a couple of years younger. Although admittedly he's done a good bit of long stuff (completed the Dragon's Back a few years ago).

I'd love to do it... but for me the kit list on winter Spine is significant enough that unless you spend a lot on the lightest kit (probably light enough to not be of use if you needed to sleep outside etc), then i'd have to forget about running, as pack size would be so large (I have loaded up with 'Spine kit' on a weekend bivvy in the Lakes and this was the case for me).

Summer Spine race with the more relaxed kit list, less participants, less wall-to-wall coverage etc, seems very appealing though..

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Was that time faster than last year?
    No but fastest male time