Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The next thing.....

Re: The next thing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    Bu66er! I am going to swansea today (thursday) but coming back tomorrow (friday) as I go on holiday from liverpool airport on saturday - other wise you know I would have loved to have been there - really - I 'm not being sarcastic now! have a great time guys....next year......

Cheers daleside
    Ahhh, Ds, was looking forward to seeing you Convenient holiday mind you, sure you don't want to sneak over it quickly on Friday before you go?
    I'm sure we will have a good time though its looking a bit thin on the ground this year as several of the usual suspects are pacing Desperate Dan on the BG the same day And of course everyone else is injured!

Bl**dy work, this is not quite the preparation I had hoped for. Defo going to snooze tomorrow.zzzzzzzzzzzz

Hope you survived the ordeal and aren't still gently snoring away on some far distant hilltop .

I'm having a very quiet weekend, not feeling too bright and very unfrisky (probably need a good portion of chips + sauce ). Next weekend Pumlumon, then Black Mountains (see you there), then your race? Busy month ahead.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

10.00 pm and Toffers not returned ...... somebody run back and wake him

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    10.00 pm and Toffers not returned ...... somebody run back and wake him
    Don't worry Moley, I'm back. No snoozing today, too much champagne though

What a glorious day to spend in the hills. Gorgeous September day to finish off the "summer of fun" series. A small and exclusive gathering at the start to wish the intrepid adventurers off, including Dougie Madman with gammy leg who was going to cycle between the road crossings. What would be steeper, the road to Maen Llia or the dreaded Fan Gihryrich climb??
    So a very social jog over Carreg O and the Llyn y Fan horseshoe and we chatted our way to the unnamed ridge. There amidst the tussocks all manner of route choices but only one optimum line before the big grind! Very strange to actually see all the terrain, Trans Fan normally equates to a nice day in the clag!
    Decided to crack on thereabouts and zipped up, well ish, very and then pushed on feeling good all the way. How very different to last time when I spent a pleasant few minutes massaging Wheezes leg before having a bit of a metabolic crisis on Fan Fawr before he dragged me to the finish in a pityful state! Good climb up FF(my way), not the long route, bit of a chat at Storey Arms with Old Grey Beard who had been done in by Fan Gihyrich and binned it at Maen Llia. He lied to me saying that 5hours was on the cards so I tried to run up Penyfan, very silly so just cruised to the finish in 5 hrs 13. Quite respectable and negative splits if that is possible on the TF. Moral of the story, run 160 miles in 5 days in May and then don't train over the summer hols! Hayden and Pete jogged in nearly together after a bit of vomming on PYF in around 6 hours. Then it was BBQ and champagne and beer in the evening sun at Cwm Llwch, heaven. A grand day out, Grommit

Great to hear it went well and you all enjoyed the day out. Envious, but glad I wasn't there. Things have taken a very dramatic 'downturn' since last week, suddenly coughing badly and really struggling to run. Couple of sessions at weekend saw me go out for 30 minutes before turning for home and jogging back, initially blamed it on the fennel diet but suspicious of my 'manflu' becoming a virus type thingy, been saving myself for Pumlumon on Saturday ...... I may cry if I can't run

I'd blame the fennel diet if I were you, and Wheeze, though not in that particular order. You are probably immunocompromised because you haven't had enough cake recently. I'd recommend the carrot type

great report toffer - next year i hope!